Guide

Miui13

Members
Jan 30, 2022
The installation guide is hella confusing for a noob 1st installer like me. I'm average on computers but ur expecting every1 to know how to install miui13 my guide on how to install miui 13 this is the rough guide obviously no links but super ez to follow

This is my guide using the .bat command cuz the twrp way didn't work cuz its outdated
Compared to the forum guide this is hella easier
Download the miui 13 stable LATEST here

Extract the miui 13 zip file to the desktop there is no latest link in the mi 11 specific forum.

And the download page there r 3 versions of miui 13 on mi11 which 1 is stable? How am I ment to know I'm new

Enable developers options in settings - phone info. tap miui 12 logo 7 times and developer should be unlocked in settings

In settings and developer tools
Enable allow OEM unlock
Enable USB debugging

Unlock ur phone using this www.miuiunlock.com. Can take 7 days

U will need to download adb drivers HERE and the program HERE.
Install the adb drivers using this GUIDE
Run the unlock tool
Phone will WIPE EVERYTHING no1 told me this not even the guide . And and the phone will reboot after unlocking no information on how to install adb drivers. Needs more help info

Now restart phone in fastboot mode holding vol down and power button.
Run the windows_1st_time.bat by DOUBLE clicking the file in c:/mi11 or whereever u extracted. The guide tells u to run it? How do u run it?
Job done takes an 1 hour.

Read below I added comments

DOWNLOAD STABLE MIUI 13.0

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=331502
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv13/

Which 1 is stable for mi11 there is 3 versions doesn't say anything which is stable im assuming all 3 r stable? Why not keep 1

The installation guide is super confusing too read my comments after each sentence

Installation:

Xiaomi devices on A11:

• Install TWRP via Fastboot mode, then install our ROM
Wow thank u but how?
  • Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot boot twrp.img
Wow im hella confused where? Not easier to right a few sentences on how to do it? Its ez in cmd.. Download adb drivers navigate to the adb folder type

fastboot boot twrp.img

4 sentences and fastboot installation complete . I only knew how to do it cuz my past experience

What the hell is a11? Not easier to right Android 11?

ROMs for devices with locked bootloader:

Eh how? I'm noob
  • Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
Ehhhh what is dis im getting pissed
OK ty
  • FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
Where? In twrp?
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
  • Install our ROM
How?
  • Reboot
  • done
Wow ty

Installation via TWRP:

Didn't we just install it via twrp?

- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery

What? There is no option for that ur using a different version of twrp u just told me to download

- Install - Select zip
OK I'm hella confused but ok

- Reboot

Installation failed cuz guide says different
Installation just rebooted device

- Done

Installation of A12 devices via Fastboot:

A12? I thought a12 was a specific hardware version

- Download our ROM zip file
Which 1 there's 3

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system:
--- For Windows OS - windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
--- For Linux - linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
--- For MacOS - macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

How do u run it

The installation guide is hella confusing for a noob 1st installer like me. I'm average on computers but ur expecting every1 to know how to install miui13 my guide on how to install miui 13 this is the rough guide obviously no links but super ez to follow

This is my guide using the .bat command cuz the twrp way didn't work cuz its outdated
Compared to the forum guide this is hella easier
Download the miui 13 stable LATEST here

Extract the miui 13 zip file to the desktop there is no latest link in the mi 11 specific forum.

And the download page there r 3 versions of miui 13 on mi11 which 1 is stable? How am I ment to know I'm new

Enable developers options in settings - phone info. tap miui 12 logo 7 times and developer should be unlocked in settings

In settings and developer tools
Enable allow OEM unlock
Enable USB debugging

Unlock ur phone using this www.miuiunlock.com. Can take 7 days

U will need to download adb drivers HERE and the program HERE.
Install the adb drivers using this GUIDE
Run the unlock tool
Phone will WIPE EVERYTHING no1 told me this not even the guide . And and the phone will reboot after unlocking no information on how to install adb drivers. Needs more help info

Now restart phone in fastboot mode holding vol down and power button.
Run the windows_1st_time.bat by DOUBLE clicking the file in c:/mi11 or whereever u extracted. The guide tells u to run it? How do u run it?
Job done takes an 1 hour.

Read below I added comments

DOWNLOAD STABLE MIUI 13.0

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=331502
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv13/

Which 1 is stable for mi11 there is 3 versions doesn't say anything which is stable im assuming all 3 r stable? Why not keep 1

The installation guide is super confusing too read my comments after each sentence

Installation:

Xiaomi devices on A11:

• Install TWRP via Fastboot mode, then install our ROM
Wow thank u but how?
  • Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
Wow im hella confused where? Not easier to right a few sentences on how to do it? Its ez in cmd.. Download adb drivers navigate to the adb folder type

fastboot boot twrp.img

4 sentences and fastboot installation complete . I only knew how to do it cuz my past experience

What the hell is a11? Not easier to right Android 11?

ROMs for devices with locked bootloader:

Eh how? I'm noob
  • Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
Ehhhh what is dis im getting pissed
OK ty
  • FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
Where? In twrp?
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
  • Install our ROM
How?
  • Reboot
  • done
Wow ty

Installation via TWRP:

Didn't we just install it via twrp?

- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery

What? There is no option for that ur using a different version of twrp u just told me to download

- Install - Select zip
OK I'm hella confused but ok

- Reboot

Installation failed cuz guide says different
Installation just rebooted device

- Done

Installation of A12 devices via Fastboot:

A12? I thought a12 was a specific hardware version

- Download our ROM zip file
Which 1 there's 3

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system:
--- For Windows OS - windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
--- For Linux - linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
--- For MacOS - macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

How do u run it
Perhaps use this very cool, amazing, unbelievable and detailed guide :)

Enable allow OEM unlock
Enable USB debugging

Whenever flashing, I haven't had the need to do these steps, booting into fastboot is enough, when mi account is added and unlocked, for fastboot installs, adb+drivers needed for twrp flashing.

What if someone wipes system or persist? Asking for a friend, was there a tutorial how to fix the twrp loop?

asking for a friend :) try to flash the original rom with miflash and pray ... should be the easiest way
He needs a "special" guide for "special" people who use "r" instead of "are" and "ez" instead of "easy".
He can't even figure out "which one is stable" - a complaint I haven't heard so far.

This thread is ridiculous. If one can't figure out basic stuff like that (which is mostly automated) then he shouldn't be messing with modding, including flashing custom ROMs. We are not here to babysit "n00b first installers".

He needs a "special" guide for "special" people who use "r" instead of "are" and "ez" instead of "easy".
He can't even figure out "which one is stable" - a complaint I haven't heard so far.

This thread is ridiculous. If one can't figure out basic stuff like that (which is mostly automated) then he shouldn't be messing with modding, including flashing custom ROMs. We are not here to babysit "n00b first installers".
Well everyone was a first installer, me personally the first time here I didnt even know what was the locked bootloader, but after some time I Started to learn, no need for "special guides" the guide provided in every rom page was enough for me, Also putting the phone in fastboot and running a bat file is not That hard, twrp is harder if you Run into issues, but there are a lot of guides for those same errors, so, yeah, not That hard. Funny enough I flashed oficial miui 14 beta on top of xiaomi.eu latest miui13 beta, and it worked.