HDR on Mi Pad 5 doesn't work as it should

ImFIlippo

Members
Dec 27, 2021
Hi guys, I've tried to watch some movies with HDR (1080 and UHD movies) but the image is really really dark even on max brightness level in a dark room; I've tried both Plex and MX Player Pro but still nothing, even the HDR videos on YouTube are very dark.
Also I am sure that the HDR of the video works correctly because on a samsung galaxy s10 it works perfectly and I can see it very well.
Here is a comparison to show you the difference indicatively (S10 VS Mi Pad 5): Imgur Comparisons

Does this happen to you too?

My tablet: International Xiaomi Pad 5 with MIUI 12.5 (12.5.8.0 Stable)

Reactions: Hagworm
Hi guys, I've tried to watch some movies with HDR (1080 and UHD movies) but the image is really really dark even on max brightness level in a dark room; I've tried both Plex and MX Player Pro but still nothing, even the HDR videos on YouTube are very dark.
Also I am sure that the HDR of the video works correctly because on a samsung galaxy s10 it works perfectly and I can see it very well.
Here is a comparison to show you the difference indicatively (S10 VS Mi Pad 5): Imgur Comparisons

Does this happen to you too?

My tablet: International Xiaomi Pad 5 with MIUI 12.5 (12.5.8.0 Stable)
I'm having the same problem. Dark scenes in HDR videos are completely crushed. I couldn't find a work around.

Reactions: ImFIlippo
A lot of users reported this too, let's hope that xiaomi will fix it...
Having the same issue on mi 11 ultra. So seems to be a miui wide issue.
I tried disabling HW overlays, and it makes everything brighter, but dark and crushed blacks. With it on it looks good, but a bit washed out and too dim.