[HELP] EFS partitions backup restore

Chun Liu

Members
Apr 22, 2014
After a radio recovery (fastboot flash modem+modem1 NON-HLOS.bin), I found I lost the radio/wifi/bluetooth. Also the IMEI/MEID/SN are gone too.

After digging a lot on the internet, it looks like my EFS partitions may be hosed. I'm asking for help with those have MI2S-CDMA, can you create backup for EFS partitions so that I can recover? It's almost impossible for me to go to China to get it repaired in the foreseeable future.

The partitions are:
shell@android:/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name # ls -l m9*
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2014-05-09 11:30 m9kefs1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2014-05-09 11:30 m9kefs2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2014-05-09 11:30 m9kefs3 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p16
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2014-05-09 11:30 m9kefsc -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p14

The steps to create a backup:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/m9kefs1.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/m9kefs2.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 of=/sdcard/m9kefs3.img
exit
exit
adb pull sdcard/m9kefs1.img
adb pull sdcard/m9kefs2.img
adb pull sdcard/m9kefs3.img

Please be aware that MEID/IMEI/SN are in the paritions, please don't send out if you are uncomfortable with that.
If you can locate your MEID/IMEI/SN in the image, can you clear it and tell me the offset, and endian/format?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I've compared multiple images already but it seems these are encrypted because they are totally different.

Anyway the efs can't be shared from a phone to another one, so you have to send it to xiaomi(if you still have warranty) and let they repair for you.
There's no other way because a lot of Samsung devices for example lose efs during a flash of recovery and the only fix is send them to smsung back

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm sending my MI2S to China. The first thing I will do when it returns will be backing up EFS partitions!