Help: Install Twrp (miui 7 6.5.26 | Beta)

Jun 22, 2016
System Details:
Model number: MI PAD 2
MIUI version: MIUI 7.6.26 | Beta (Dev ROM)

Best Mipad 2 users,

I'm having trouble installing TWRP.

I followed these instructions:

Step 1: Install drivers & ADB Complete
Step 2: Unlock Boot Loader Complete (CMD: fastboot oem unlock)

Step 3: Install TWRP (Problem)
I have followed these steps:

• Download TWRP recovery Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 (I try it with several TWRP Files) on your computer, and rename the recovery file into (recovery.img).
  • Now, move the files TWRP Recovery Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 to 15 Second ADB Installer
  • folder (C:\adb).
  • In 15 Seconds ADB Installer folder, press "Shift + right-click" and select "Open Command Window Here".
  • Now it would appear the Command Prompt window, and then type the command: adb devices
  • (The command is used to check the device, whether it is connected or not)
  • If you see your device is connected, now type the command: adb reboot bootloader
    • To check whether your device is in Bootloader Mode, type the command: fastboot devices
  • fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Now the problem How to Reboot in TWRP?

Device is still in Fastboot after all these steps.

No auto restart.
No reaction on commant fastboot reboot recovery
No reaction With Power + Vol up or Down

Try everything, What know?

Good news! It works. Reboot after install TWRP with power button and Volume up. Hold it even when the screen start up with error code after EOM Lock, screen go black en after that I'm in TWRP. SuperSu installed. Im happy. Haha after I wrote my help Message it Works. Its important to keep push de key combo.

I'm sorry but I'm a real noob with this. But witch EU ROM do you advice. I want ROOT acces. And.... after install TWRP and the device is Rooted Can I Lock EOM so the error message doesnt shows up at start up. I hope je can give me advice :

If you flash any EU Rom the start error will disappear.
You must have unlocked bootloader to flash any EU Rom don’t lock it before or after the flash.
Flash the 6.4.7.

If you flash any EU Rom the start error will disappear.
You must have unlocked bootloader to flash any EU Rom don’t lock it before or after the flash.
Flash the 6.4.7.

Thanks lot for the answer. The Bootloader is still unlocked so that will disappear after flash :)

Why 6.4.7?
And not 6.5.26 Last Miui 7?
In my noob opinion that is the last best.

And what is the different between weekly and stable ROM?

I'm looking for a version that I do not need to regularly update.

Yes correct this is the Rom. Just trust me and flash this.
The weekly are developed Roms with more bug's but with early access to new features. You can only flash developer EU there isn't any stable EU for our table yet.

Yes correct this is the Rom. Just trust me and flash this.
The weekly are developed Roms with more bug's but with early access to new features. You can only flash developer EU there isn't any stable EU for our table yet.

The ROM is fantastic.
Thanks for advising me.

Clear answer about stable and weekly.

But now the play store issue.
When I want to install apps in the store it stuck in installing. What should I do? I can't remove the store by uninstall on the tab.

First of all sorry for my English. I have the 6.5.26 beta and I can't install the root and the twrp. Anyone have a link with explained tuto for make this? Thanks!

Enviat des del meu E5823 usant Tapatalk

after type : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
device will not restart you have to type : fastboot reboot
device will restart and after you see BOOTLOADER ERROR CODE 03
  • press Volume up key 1 time to start
  • and press Volume up key again by hold it until you see TWRP screen