[help] installed OMNI Rom by Cofface, not able to get ROOT access

Vivek Burse

Members
Mar 30, 2012
Hey Guys,

I found OMNI ROM on Xioami forum, it is by Cofface, please find the link for the same. but I am not able to get root access, flashed SU zip but didn't worked,

Anybody can explain what may be the cause and how to correct the issue.

Source http://www.miui.com/thread-1584870-1-1.html
used PA gapps after that.

Try Framaroot available in XDA..... And select Gandal method. Reboot.
Try this once and report back here...

I've tried this ROM several weeks ago, and it worked, if you really follow the steps it will work as well.
(Google all the items - because google it's your friend)

Wipe all things as usual(cache, data etc)
Flash the ROM
Flash "GApps_Core_4.4.2" or CM gapps or Micro modular PA gapps
Flash the latest(and I'm mean really the latest) Super SU
Reboot

After the first setup start the Super SU and in the advanced tab enable it on the startup... Reboot one more time and you are good to go

Reactions: Vivek Burse
How did you get the keyboard working? I flashed this rom and pa gapps mini modular.. I only got a voice keyboard..

you got to install keyboard separately.
If you have only voice keyboard, then it is most likely that the keyboard is not not present in that ROM.
Try honami i1 keyboard or google keyboard for better usability. Flash in CWM recovery & wipe cache & dalvik cache... Finally reboot.
In settings choose the newly installed keyboard. Everything will be alright for you.

Reactions: eenmans
you got to install keyboard separately.
If you have only voice keyboard, then it is most likely that the keyboard is not not present in that ROM.
Try honami i1 keyboard or google keyboard for better usability. Flash in CWM recovery & wipe cache & dalvik cache... Finally reboot.
In settings choose the newly installed keyboard. Everything will be alright for you.

Oke I'm going to try right now, I once extracted the keyboard apk (I though it was googlelatinime.apk or latinime.apk) amd put it in system/app but no luck.. Hahaha

It is bit tricky... some times with few ROMs it works, but not always...
It is always best to flash the zip in CWM recovery & follow the steps for error free functioning...
Good luck.

Reactions: eenmans
It is bit tricky... some times with few ROMs it works, but not always...
It is always best to flash the zip in CWM recovery & follow the steps for error free functioning...
Good luck.
Thanks it worked, I installed omni, gapps then google keyboard addon zip.

Thanks it worked, I installed omni, gapps then google keyboard addon zip.
I would have been Happy if you would have had done like this ;)
n5v7.png

are you able to get root access? because i tried twice and then moved away.... unless it also a beautiful ROM
I will try now, I switched immediatly back to mokee os because this omni build doenst have all the nice features I wanted.. Reporting back soon