Help installing APK from unknown sources

737NG

Members
Aug 13, 2022
Hi,
Really need help, 12 Ultra running on Eu firmware.

No matter what settings I have I cannot install aps directly or from outside the play store.
I have all settings disable to allow installation of unknown apps and still nothing.

Even via TWRP, it will not install as it keeps getting blocked bu MUIU 13 security..

Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: carR9
Sure. Currently running V13.0.8 SLACNXM and just in the process of updating to v13.0.10.

The only reason I need this badly as I'm trying to install an app to see the battery cycle counts as I got sold a new phone but it was used as matter of fact.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-22-14-00-58-486_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-22-14-00-58-486_com.android.settings.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 779
  • Screenshot_2022-09-22-14-00-39-930_com.miui.packageinstaller.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-22-14-00-39-930_com.miui.packageinstaller.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 797
  • Screenshot_2022-09-22-14-00-36-860_com.miui.packageinstaller.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-22-14-00-36-860_com.miui.packageinstaller.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 797
Make a log during installation.

Hi,
Really need help, 12 Ultra running on Eu firmware.

No matter what settings I have I cannot install aps directly or from outside the play store.
I have all settings disable to allow installation of unknown apps and still nothing.

Even via TWRP, it will not install as it keeps getting blocked bu MUIU 13 security..

Thanks
I have the same issue in my new 12S ultra.. unable to install non-certified apps (apk).

Code:
java.lang.SecurityException: Can't install packages while in secure FRP
I have never seen this error myself, and never knew that FRP can be somehow interfere with package installing, since it's not in the description (borrowed from Samsung Knox's website):
Factory reset protection (FRP) is one such feature auto-enabled on Android 5.0 and above devices utilizing a Google account. Once enabled, FRP only allows a user with a Google account password to factory reset and activate their device.
If an unauthorized individual tries to reset a target device, the device still requires a login using the device owner's Google username and password, so even if a device is lost or stolen, another person cannot conduct a factory reset and manipulate the device.
With enterprises, this is very inconvenient since company provided devices lock into an employee's Google account. If the employee were to leave the company, then the device becomes unusable as a company asset.
I have no idea what this has to do with installing apps, so can't say what causes it to interfere, but users of other devices of other brands reported such issues as well. The only solution to this, according to what they have found, is to factory reset, or clean flash the ROM, in our case.
Explanation on the "Secure FRP mode" in the comment here:
Source code where the issue starts can be found here:

Reactions: carR9
Code:
java.lang.SecurityException: Can't install packages while in secure FRP
I have never seen this error myself, and never knew that FRP can be somehow interfere with package installing, since it's not in the description (borrowed from Samsung Knox's website):

I have no idea what this has to do with installing apps, so can't say what causes it to interfere, but users of other devices of other brands reported such issues as well. The only solution to this, according to what they have found, is to factory reset, or clean flash the ROM, in our case.
Explanation on the "Secure FRP mode" in the comment here:
Source code where the issue starts can be found here:
Upps, when I received my phone, I bought it in a retailer that offers you the possibility to buy the phone with the original firm or the .eu rom installed by themselves. I have problems with this, because.. I bought the version EN-CHN but I received the phone yesterday with Eu installed and blocked (see picture), I got angry with them. They said to me that they forgotten to unlink the google account that used to open the bootloader.. and give some instructions to solve the issue, a fastboot command: fastboot erase frp.

After that I can access the phone with my google account and to probe it, the phone had the penultimate rom because I update today, apps of google store can be installed but... non-certified apps no. I can drag the problem always??? Would a new clean install fix the problem forever? Is it better to return the phone? Thanks, I hope that with this explained we can all understand what has happened. Sorry for my poor English.

Attachments

• 12S_Ultra_3.jpg
    12S_Ultra_3.jpg
    864.6 KB · Views: 434
Like I said, I have no idea, doesn't look like you have any other choices anyway.
Hi again, apparently the problem is now solved, reinstalling the .eu rom. I have issues with factory reset and to solve the issue I installed the first .eu rom via fastboot, Thank you very much!!!