Help phone will not boot

Tony J

Members
Aug 6, 2012
So i was at work complaining about my phone (1st world problems) and my buddy told me he could speed it up so i said sure i mean even if he f'd it up i have insurance i'll just get a new one. but after he f'd it up he told me he rooted it and that would void the warranty and and i could clam a new one from my insurance. all it does now is display he moto icon and thats it.s a asked him what he did and this is what i got. he got a rom from here

This one to be exact: f2d90e06f9a0d4fa688f45d804924ae7 miuiandroid_umts_spyder-2.6.22.zip

then

1. copy and paste the rom onto the sd card

2. launch the bootstrap app and reboot into recovery

3. go to mounts and storage, format cache, format data, format system

4. go back, select advanced, wipe dalvik cache

5. go back, install zip from sd card

6. go back, reboot system

IDK what any of this is can someone please help

Update i've doing some reading i can get to my phones boot menu i hold power and vol dwn then wait 5 sec thn press and hold both vol up and down to get to the menu. then my options are Normal up,Recovery,AP fast boot,BP SBF flash, BP only, BP HW diag& boot AP,and BP tools...all send me into boot loop but Recovery it takes me to Android system recovery<3e> (NOT clockworkmod) menu options are Rebot system now,apply update from sd, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition i tried factory rest then i boot looped again then i went to update from sd and i found the rom so i selected that it stared to install:
:finding update package
opening update package
Verifying update package
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

And Now I have no idea what to do

^ That is standard recovery. You need to get a modded recovery.

Google how to get a custom recovery on your device.

all of that was on my phone he used clockworkmod to install the rom. and since i'm stuck at the moto icon i cant even boot normally to run bootstrap recovery. i would settle at this point to go back to stock and try again but idk how

so by ore reading i learned i bricked my phone i unf'd it with the help of
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.