Help to recover my phone

Fabi0

Members
Sep 13, 2015
phone is MI8
I tried to flash this unlocked phone with a global rom using fastboot (TWRP not working) but I ended with a locked phone that boot into MI-Recovery with the red written "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device" and it also boot in fastboot. Using the miflash tool it return that the device is in locked state and via fastboot oem-info it return:
Verity mode: true
Device unlocked: false
Device critical unlocked: false
Charger screen enabled: false
Tryin with oem unock it return FAILED (remote: token verify failed)
Can someone help ?
Thanks in advance.

phone is MI8
I tried to flash this unlocked phone with a global rom using fastboot (TWRP not working) but I ended with a locked phone that boot into MI-Recovery with the red written "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device" and it also boot in fastboot. Using the miflash tool it return that the device is in locked state and via fastboot oem-info it return:
Verity mode: true
Device unlocked: false
Device critical unlocked: false
Charger screen enabled: false
Tryin with oem unock it return FAILED (remote: token verify failed)
Can someone help ?
Thanks in advance.
Your bootloader is locked!

Reactions: iamme729
Fabi0, seems you have a Chinese phone version. In that case you can only have a Chinese firmware (dev or stable) till you unlock the bootloader.
So, flash any of official Chinese ROM available version.
Apply for bootloader unlock and then, with bootloader unlocked you can flash any Global ROM (dev or stable).
Remember when you will flash the Global rom, do NOT select any of the option which will lock back your phone!

Reactions: Fabi0 and vanDon
Hi, sorry late reply.
I wasn't able to reflash ,nor with latest chinese or dev roms so I sent it back to the chinese seller.
Thanks again for the support and my best regards.

Here again
the phone was fixed in china so it was possible, then ciubex gave the right suggestion. now it is running this multilanguage.
regards and thanks

i have the same problem but with redmi note 7 will it work on mine as well?

Yes. mifirm.net has downloads of the China images which you can flash with MiFlash (or fastboot). I just had a similar problem on my Mi 9 which I fixed this way (I could only boot into fastboot, and couldn't flash a recovery until I flashed a China rom).

thanks bro, is there any need to work with the help of edl, or they can do without it?

Yes. mifirm.net has downloads of the China images which you can flash with MiFlash (or fastboot). I just had a similar problem on my Mi 9 which I fixed this way (I could only boot into fastboot, and couldn't flash a recovery until I flashed a China rom).
thanks bro, is there any need to work with the help of edl, or they can do without it?

So long as you can get into fastboot I think you're ok, but my bootloader was unlocked. I've never tried to flash a China rom with a locked bootloader, but Ciubex's reply above suggest you can do it with a stock rom. Definitely worth a try before going the EDL route. I used MiFlashPro which I downloaded from the mifirm.net site too. It actually gave a failure result in MiFlashPro after flashing, despite it working fine. As soon as I had that flashed, I was able to flash TWRP again. Make sure, assuming your bootloader is currently unlocked, that you uncheck the "Clean all and relock" radio button at the bottom of the screen in MiFlash (I chose Clean All).

So long as you can get into fastboot I think you're ok, but my bootloader was unlocked. I've never tried to flash a China rom with a locked bootloader, but Ciubex's reply above suggest you can do it with a stock rom. Definitely worth a try before going the EDL route. I used MiFlashPro which I downloaded from the mifirm.net site too. It actually gave a failure result in MiFlashPro after flashing, despite it working fine. As soon as I had that flashed, I was able to flash TWRP again. Make sure, assuming your bootloader is currently unlocked, that you uncheck the "Clean all and relock" radio button at the bottom of the screen in MiFlash (I chose Clean All).
Of course I can enter in a fastboot and recovery. i tried that MiFlashPro program but i flashed the european version i'm not with chinese version
I'll try Chinese version so maybe it succeeds through that program

Last edited:
Of course I can enter in a fastboot and recovery. i tried that MiFlashPro program but i flashed the european version i'm not with chinese version

Yes, flash whichever version is for your phone.

please help this writes me on miflash tool: the write timeout, maybe device was disconnected, cannot receive hello packet

EDL mode won't work, you need to be in fastboot. First thing to check is that the Windows driver is correctly installed and the phone is communicating. Open a windows command line (cmd in the program search) and try "fastboot devices". If the list is empty, there's a driver problem, or, possibly a processor problem if you're on a Ryzen CPU (this is unlikely, especially if your operating system is up to date).

EDL mode won't work, you need to be in fastboot. First thing to check is that the Windows driver is correctly installed and the phone is communicating. Open a windows command line (cmd in the program search) and try "fastboot devices". If the list is empty, there's a driver problem, or, possibly a processor problem if you're on a Ryzen CPU (this is unlikely, especially if your operating system is up to date).
help i success and error your account is unauthorized for this operation.

i don't have authorized in account

Sorry, I don't know how to fix that, are you using the correct account that you used when you unlocked the phone?