Help with relocking bootloader on 12t pto

exibo93

Members
Jan 24, 2023
I was trying to go from original ROM to xiaomi.eu on my 12t pro. After unlocking bootloader and flashing twrp something went wrong and i was stuck in fastboot loop. I followed some YouTube guide and flashed latest EEA using MiFlash which fixed the loop. Now i decided that i want to relock bootloader and it says i need to lock it using original ROM. Is there a way i can tell if my phone came with global or EEA Rom?

This means that:
- You can only lock a Chinese device with a Chinese ROM.
- You can lock Global devices with any Global ROM (EEA, RU, TW, TU, etc.).

EEA ROM is also Global (intended for EU) and you can lock the bootloader with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sunset_in_mars
What ROM did you have when you unlocked the bootloader for the first time? Was a Global or a Chinese ROM?
You can use this page to check if your phone is a Global or a Chinese version: https://www.mi.com/global/verify#/en/tab/imei (use a browser on the PC to access the page)
On that page you have to put the phone IMEI code.
As a safe check, check that your phone IMEI code is the same with the IMEI code printed on the phone box package.

Last edited:
What ROM did you have when you unlocked the bootloader for the first time? Was a Global or a Chinese ROM?
You can use this page to check if your phone is a Global or a Chinese version: https://www.mi.com/global/verify#/en/tab/imei
On that page you have to put the phone IMEI code.
As a safe check, check that your phone IMEI code is the same with the IMEI code printed on the phone box package.
I get this 404 error on site you posted. Does it work for you?
It's probably global ROM since phone is from Germany.

Attachments

• IMG_20230128_182828.jpg
    IMG_20230128_182828.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 88
Yep, the address is correct, but you have to open it on a PC.
If you want to open the page on a browser from your mobile, try bellow steps:
1. copy the link in clipboard
2. open an incognito browser session
3. check the "Desktop site" (depending by your browser)
4. paste into browser address copied link from point 1

Attachments

• product_auth_global.png
    product_auth_global.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 113
I get this. Can i relock bootloader with EEA Rom?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-28-19-58-10-268_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-28-19-58-10-268_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
    736.8 KB · Views: 192
This means that:
- You can only lock a Chinese device with a Chinese ROM.
- You can lock Global devices with any Global ROM (EEA, RU, TW, TU, etc.).

EEA ROM is also Global (intended for EU) and you can lock the bootloader with it.

Any idea how this can be done please ?
1707352224470.png

1707352238057.png

1707352214926.png

I don't understand what you are asking. You didn't ask a clear question.
It looks like you have a locked bootloader fake ROM installed or you have an unlocked bootloader and an official Global ROM installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: JiaiJ
I bought a Mi 11 Ultra & discovered it was a chinese version.
It came with global MIUI & unlocked bootloader.
I was wondering if I can lock the bootloader like the pictures I posted (chinese device - global rom - locked bootloader)
I don't understand what you are asking. You didn't ask a clear question.
It looks like you have a locked bootloader fake ROM installed or you have an unlocked bootloader and an official Global ROM installed.

Device CN > Global ROM = under no circumstances try to lock the bootloader, the result would be:cihla.png

Install xiaomi.eu ROM if you want to use contactless payments and similar features with multi-language ROM.

Device CN > Global ROM = under no circumstances try to lock the bootloader, the result would be:View attachment 51318

Install xiaomi.eu ROM if you want to use contactless payments and similar features with multi-language ROM.
I am currently installling Xiaomi.eu 12.5 (Not a big fan of updates & getting past Android 10/11).
The problem that I experienced with my Mi 10 Pro (which is why I sold it) is that in xiaomi.eu 12.5 , Google play store said "device not certified" ... which meant I had to go to xiaomi.eu 14.
Unlike my phones with global MIUI 12.5 & locked bootloader, I get to not worry about banking apps annoying me.