Help with ROM pick for 9T Pro

daninet

Members
Feb 8, 2022
Hi!
I have updated to 12.6 and it was a trainwreck, battery drain, agressive app closing in background, UI freezing after screen unlock.
I tried dirty downgrade to 12.5.6 but gallery did not work anymode, crashed immediately after opening. I have wiped data/cache and clean installed 12.5.6 but now I have issue when switching between apps it becomes unresponsive (that running app preview list I don't even know how it is called to google the issue). You can scroll it but not tap on any app. On top of it play store is not finding my banking apps with this rom for whatever reason.
It is driving me nuts. I'm looking for the last stable, working, no problems rom for this phone and then I'm not gonna touch it anymore. Please help.

So far I am very pleased with 12.5.6from Xiaomi.EU, I did a clean install with OrangeFoxRecovery with wiping all Data because I cam from the official Stable which is stuck at 12.5.1 in which I encountered some nasty bugs regarding battery drain and VoWifi. If 12.5.6 from Xiaomi.EU does not the trick for you maybe change to the version the phone was initially released. I will not change, since I have no major bugs in my use cases and it is working fine. The bug with the freeze happens when using fullscreen gestures? Or do you use softwarebuttons? You run the Stocklauncher?
IMG_20220212_110722.jpg
IMG_20220212_110708.jpg

Hi Everyone,

i'm also thinking to move from 12.5.2 (global) to the EU ROM but my question and doubts are related to the unlocking and how to deal with the apps that checks if the phones is unlocked or not.

Of course I'm always concerned about loosing data, photos, files, folders (local music), etc...
Besides that I'm also lost if for this model we need the twrp or not...

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

i'm also thinking to move from 12.5.2 (global) to the EU ROM but my question and doubts are related to the unlocking and how to deal with the apps that checks if the phones is unlocked or not.

Of course I'm always concerned about loosing data, photos, files, folders (local music), etc...
Besides that I'm also lost if for this model we need the twrp or not...
late reply but unlocking the bootloader doesn't mean the phone has root access which is what apps check and EU roms pass the widevine checks so Netflix etc will work fine.

Here's what I did to "downgrade" from the beta version to the latest stable version:

I had to fix the MIUI Gallery app but everything else seems to work fine. No problems with apps freezing/unlocking/battery draining. I've been using the latest XIaomi.EU stable rom since November.

The only thing I have to test is NFC payments using Google Pay. I just tried to use it today for the first time (on my Mi 9T Pro) but it didn't seem to work. I'm looking for some info right now here and I will test it again next time I go to the store.