Hi guys me again wanting an update on. You're Mix 3 experience as of now ??

DangerousRon

Members
Jun 3, 2016
How is you're Mix 3 doing ?
How are you doing with it ?
Still happy with it ?
Any problems yet with the slider ??
Any scratch between the slider and the screen as I saw somewhere in a video of a YouTuber ??
How is the pocket dust threating your Mix 3 ??
How is the sound of it ?? Is it louder or better then the mix 2 ??
Thanks again for sharing you're thoughts .

How is you're Mix 3 doing ?
How are you doing with it ?
Still happy with it ?
Any problems yet with the slider ??
Any scratch between the slider and the screen as I saw somewhere in a video of a YouTuber ??
How is the pocket dust threating your Mix 3 ??
How is the sound of it ?? Is it louder or better then the mix 2 ??
Thanks again for sharing you're thoughts .
I using mix 3 from 1 month as daily mobile n I haven't any problem. N recently with it or eu rom works really great with Google services integration. Slider is ok, no scratch...I'm satisfied with this mobile

Inviato dal mio MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: DangerousRon
I'm using my MI MIX3 three weeks, no any problems. Great phone, EU Rom works great (been waiting 72h to unlock bootloader first).
A surprisingly good battery life !
I've had Mi MIX, Mi MIX2 ant now Mi MIX3 - this is best Xiaomi in my opinion

Reactions: DangerousRon
Same here, easily the best phone I've ever owned. Slider is fine, no scratches, battery life is better than I expected, the only issues I've had are with Google apps, notifications are borked for Messages, and the later builds of Maps have problems with GPS accuracy (earlier builds work fine).

I'm still very happy with my mix 3 too. Impressed with battery life, better than you'd expect from a 3200mah battery. Very nice display, quick wireless charging, shoots beautiful photos. But my screen already has some light scratches, most likely because of those jeans-buttons on my pockets... Also the slider does have a minimal play to the side. And unlocking the phone from a longer sleep period can be slow.

After owning only Samsung Galaxy S series(5 to 8) i can say that this is the best phone a have ever owned. OK, the water resistance is 0, but with a little care you have nothing to worry about. Screen is great, i unlocked it and installed MIUI 10 Beta and it's working almost flawless, nothing big to complain(Weather widget is working bad). Battery capacity number doesn't do it justice, i can easy go through a days work from 8am to 9pm and still have from 50 to 30 % juice(about 3 to 4 screen on hours). It's fast and that notch-less display is just amazing. I have it for 2 months and nothing to complain about.

Ciao, ho acquistato un mi mix 3 al mi store di Arese. Vorrei avere qualche delucidazione da chi è già in possesso del terminale da un po .. Prima cosa, batteria, riesce una mala pena a portarmi una bella giornata purutilizzandolo pochissimo. A voi come va? Preciso che come connessione ho attivo solo il Bluetooth per il collegamento con lo smartwhatch.
Secondo me, volume degli auricolari, si sentono al 50% e non c'è modo di aumentare di più il volume, ma è anche il massimo ..
Terza cosa, lo smartwatch è un fossile q con conteggio snap2100 di processore con sistema operativo OS wear, eppure noto come non totale compatibilità in quanto non mi fa rispondere ai messaggi di WhatsApp. La mia domanda é c'è qualcuno che ha avuto problemi e sia venuto risolverli o il mio é un caso isolato (anche se non credo) ...

Ciao, ho acquistato un mi mix 3 al mi store di Arese. Vorrei avere qualche delucidazione da chi è già in possesso del terminale da un po .. Prima cosa, batteria, riesce una mala pena a portarmi una bella giornata purutilizzandolo pochissimo. A voi come va? Preciso che come connessione ho attivo solo il Bluetooth per il collegamento con lo smartwhatch.
Secondo me, volume degli auricolari, si sentono al 50% e non c'è modo di aumentare di più il volume, ma è anche il massimo ..
Terza cosa, lo smartwatch è un fossile q con conteggio snap2100 di processore con sistema operativo OS wear, eppure noto come non totale compatibilità in quanto non mi fa rispondere ai messaggi di WhatsApp. La mia domanda é c'è qualcuno che ha avuto problemi e sia venuto risolverli o il mio é un caso isolato (anche se non credo) ...
Credo sia normale, se non hai fatto modifiche della rom, sei sulla prima release global stable, quindi ci sono abbastanza cose che non sono ottimizzate, sulla rom xiaomi.eu dev considera che di schermo acceso fai dalle 5 alle 7 h di schermo attivo, insomma a fine giornata ci si arriva. Poi è chiaro che con i giochi la durata si riduce.

I think is normal, if u didn't change of rom u r on the 1st global stable, r many things that r not yet optimized. On xiaomi.eu dev I do 5/7 h of display on, anyway I can arrive in end of day. But then is normal that with games battery life is reduced.

Che posso fare per risolvere il problema, considerando che non ho aggiornamenti ulteriori della EU?
Dovresti innanzitutto sbloccare il bootloader, flashare la twrp e poi la rom che trovi nella sezione apposita

I like the phone for the price, however for me personally I have 2(3?) gripes with the phone that stop me from using it full time. I'll try to list out some pros/cons though overall.

Pros:
1) That all screen display - Its awesome, just looking at this phone with the screen on in person is something to behold. I wish more phones would look like this from a screen / bezel perspective. (regardless of how they choose to hide the camera)
2) The cameras are really good at this price point, especially the front facing camera.
3) If you use the Xiaomi.eu ROM, this phone is quite stable and notifications actually work as expected. I don't have many complaints on the software side of things when using the .eu ROM.
4) The overall build quality is really good for the money you're paying it feels very premium in the hand and only waivers slightly when you touch the top of the screen (and notice it flex's because of the gap, which is necessary!) or the slight side "wiggle" ill mention in the cons below.
5) Works on Verizon in the US! (Global Version)

Cons:
1) Overall weight of the phone - While from a dimensions standpoint its about the same as my Pixel 2 XL, the Mix 3 weights about ~43 grams more than the Pixel 2 XL, which is quite a lot (its ~17g heavier than even the Note 9!). If you have smaller hands, this thing becomes tiresome to hold for more than short bursts.
2) Slider Construction - While overall I like the slider itself, there's definitely some play (at least on my phone) where the screen can "wiggle" from side to side, especially when its slid down. This is almost completely eliminated when the included case is on, but if you dont use the case its definitely noticeable and can be annoying.
3) Vibration motor - It's realllll bad, and it doesn't help that with the screen "floating" above the body because of the slider that the vibration rattle is even worse. As someone who leaves their phone on vibrate only, its kind of annoying.

Other Thoughts:
1) I really like the full screen gestures, I just wish the swipe "back" target area didn't go so far up (maybe only the bottom 25-35% of the screen). It makes it hard to use apps that have slide out menus (think the play store, gmail, etc.)
1.1) For the swipe to go back gesture, it kinda "forgets" the last app if you go to the home screen. So the swipe and hold to go back to the last app only works when you go from one app to another that isnt the homescreen. Not a deal breaker but kind of half-baked on Xiaomi's part.
2) Using the Front Facing Camera, if you have small hands, can be a real pain / require two hands when in use because of the length of the phone when the screen is slid down.
3) Google Voice match AKA "Ok Google" or voice to unlock is currently broken on the official Global Stable & from what I can tell the .eu rom. I don't really use it because of the dedicated AI button, but YMMV.
4) I mentioned this in another thread but the pop-up for "slide down to use camera" is obnoxious, so if you use Snapchat a lot this phone probably isn't for you.

Do I recommend this phone?

At this price? (currently in the US $500-550) maybe. If you want a more polished experience, I would definitely get the OP6T instead, while you miss out on the full screen display, the really good front facing camera, and wireless charging, you get a better overall android experience, a larger battery, and overall less fit and finish issues. HOWEVER. If you absolutely cannot handle notches this phone is probably the best option.

I have not yet felt the "I have to have this" feeling, like I did for the Mix1.

Perhaps that feeling will appear magically with the 5G version?

You can always glue the slider shut if you never take a selfie, like someone at XDA wrote. But then why buy a slider phone?

I want this phone with no front-facing camera at all. This would remove the only criticisms I have, namely the weight & thickness. A plastic back would also be nice, the ceramic is way too slippery. Removing the unique hardware feature (the slider) would also make it much simpler to run stock Android roms. The OP6T was a non-starter for me because of the lack of wireless charging (I don't know how anybody lives without it) and the notch.

It caused a bit of a stir yesterday when I walked into a T-Mobile store to compare it to the S9 & Note (it's much closer to the Note in size, same size screen, slightly smaller body because no bezels).

In Asia all they do is take selfies, I read somewhere, so wishing for a Mix3 with no selfie camera is DOA, I'm afraid.

In Asia all they do is take selfies, I read somewhere, so wishing for a Mix3 with no selfie camera is DOA, I'm afraid.

It doesn't need to be a Xiaomi. Any phone will do. I just want wireless charging and no bezels to maximize screen area. It's not just Asia, either, people in the US also take selfies all the time.

Hey guys I didn't buy a mix 3 yet but I was asking for durability for it before buying and here what I find today !!! Jerry took care of the mix 3 !!!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: cobben
Oh my god, that made me cringe! It accords with my own experience over the month I've owned it, no scratches so far and the slider mechanism feels very solid to me, I know there are various comments about wiggle and play, but I don't know what all the griping is about. I do have one minor graze on one corner after dropping it, but you have to look hard to see it. It's easily the best-built phone I've ever owned, by quite a wide margin. My only complaint about the hardware is the weight, I'd prefer something a bit lighter, but it's a price worth paying for having no visible front camera.

"Top half of the phone surrounded by plastic"
??

I didn't see him successfully scratch that, if it is plastic.

"The original Mi Mix had a full ceramic body"

That is actually an enormous difference in perceived quality, with a ceramic frame and ceramic buttons - no metal or plastic anywhere.

Of course, the ceramic frame is brittle, drop it once and it could be a gonner.

No Issues at all. 3 Weeks into the experience and it's awesome. No dust issue as slip cover for me taking care of that. Slider no issues at all.

Thanks Guys. Good weekend..

Reactions: Offensive