HMK20ProMI9TPro in Mi9T pro

gobogg

Members
Jan 5, 2017
Hello,
i have the original Mi9 pro global bought in Baangood. I downloaded the EU software for Raphael and threw it on the phone. In general, everything works but there is one small incompatibility. Now the phone in the startup logo and system information shows that it is RedMI K20 pro instead of Mi 9T pro, as it was before. Can this be changed, e.g. by copying the logo.img or other file? I like EU firmware but I am irritated by the name mismatch, I would like to correct it.

Hi mate,

You need to flash de Global Rom via Mi Flash, if you want to keep the same Android Rom.

You did not understand me. I want EU rom on this phone. But at the same time I want the startup logo and description in System Info to be correct for Mi9t pro. He is now seen as RedMi.
I am looking for a solution to change this while maintaining the EU rom which is common to both versions of the phone.

MI 9T Pro IS Redmi K20 Pro, only difference are the LTE bands, MI 9T Pro is the device called outside China. And eu-ROM ist based on China ROM, so naturally the device is shown as Redmi.

Yes, I know it's the same base unit. Nevertheless, there is a difference in hardware regarding the B20 band, in addition, by installing stock global rom via MiFlash (tgz format) it is displayed for Mi9T PRO and starts like Mi9.
I also wonder if Chine ROM for RedMi supports the B20 band.

ROM has nothing to do with Band 20, it's hardware, not software related.
Redmi K20/Pro > only China ROM
Mi 9T/Pro > only Global ROM

I didn't know that. Returning to the subject:
I would like to keep the EU Rom from this domain but change the branding to that of Global Rom for Mi9Tpro. So the phone should start with the MI logo and the System Info will be Mi 9T Pro.
Visual cosmetics.
How to do it?

I am writing about this. The original Global in device info shows Mi9T Pro. EU firmware from the site shows RedMi.

No, that's bad. The logo on the back of the phone is Mi and not RedMi. And I would like the startup logo and device info to match. As I wrote, I need to know which information is contained in it and then I will change it, keeping EU rom.