Hongmi 1S FolderMount - Link folders and app from internal to external SD

Pasko505

Members
Jun 3, 2014
Here is a temporary solution for the problem with Hongmi 1S and saving only on the internal card

- Requires open ROOT ( if you do not know how open ROOT, look it to this post here )
- Download the application FolderMount or on Google Play ( Free version, if you which more options you need to buy )
- Install the app and run

- In the " List of pairs " and add the " + " a new link between the " Source " (internal ) and "Destination " (external ) memory .

- The same thing you can do with applications ... example Zedge , first in the " Apps analyzer " make a connection . Then since " Zedge " uses a folder called " Zedge " to store everything you download , by default, this folder will make in internal memory, but if the folder connects to external memory, everything will be saved in the external memory

- The files will appear in both memory . This is normal because the files that you see in your internal memory is actually located on the external memory .

- In the main menu, then click on the pins that everything works ( must be green as in the picture )

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 614
  • 2.png
    2.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 617
  • 3.png
    3.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 604
Reactions: maherran
All app you install in phone you can move to external, but in some not all data.

I am already using it, at the moment, working fine. I do have one question. If I had linked a folder of an app to SD, can I unistall it directly without unmonting it?

I didnt try yet, but i thing it shoul work. Only data of app that has been saved can left on memory

Hey, just wanted to clarify....

So is there no way to save camera images and install apps direct to SD card without root? And rooting messes up OTA updates doesn't it?

Hi, with FolderMount free version I can't create more than 3 pairs.
Is this the only one solution ?

Thanks.

Hey, just wanted to clarify....

So is there no way to save camera images and install apps direct to SD card without root? And rooting messes up OTA updates doesn't it?

Can any one answer this? Thanks...

It doesn't mess our OTA. Only Chinese stock rom.

Wysłane z MI3

Ok i'm running xiaomi.eu r0m though, is there no other way to save images and moves apps direct to SD card without root?
Why you just cant flash root file and then normaly install app (exm. Folder Mount) and mount on SD card?