Hongmi Gmail contacts sync

ToMo73

Members
Jan 18, 2014
Hello,

I got today new HongMi for my nephew. I updated it to latest stable MIUI (JHBCNAL5.0), used MiMarket to install PlayStore to get Hangouts and other apps he wants, but I have one problem that I cant resolve. I added Google account but I cant get to import contacts from that account.

What I'm I missing, have I done something wrong?

Hi Hoshua,

thanks for reply but installing Google Play isn't my issue, I did that sucessfuly without flashing phone (for my nephew is stock MIUI more than OK...). I'm on work now so I cant attach screenshot form HongMi, but later I can post screenshot from my Mi2s. On my Mi2s it all went well, the phone took contacts from my gmail account, but on this HongMi I cant get it import contacts. I was never before using HongMi but assumed that it is all the same since both are running MIUI. I will make some screenshots from my Mi2s and explain it in another post.

Hi,

here is screenshot from my Mi2s. As seen it has option to sync contacts from gmail account, where on HongMi this option is not provided. Is it not available because it must be somewhere else activated, or some other settings are not correct or is it so on MIUI HongMi?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-11-11-07-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-11-11-07-44.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 275
Install our build for hongmi...

Thanks ingbrzy, maybe later. The phone is brand new and dont want to mess with it for now. Besides, it is not mine... ;)

Thanks Sonic, the phone is now not available to me. Will try first time I get hands on HongMi (based on pictures, I dont understand Slovak (?) )

Hello,

finally had HongMi in my hands to try out what Sonic suggested but it didn't worked. When in contacts pressed menu key, pressed 'accounts' (ucty) and it shows that it is syncing something but on google account none of phone contacts are synced and none of gmail contacts are synced to phone. Strange...

But it is no big issue, nephew is now used to use the phone like it is... and is happy with it. So for him everything is OK! ;)