ROM is successfully installed, now make a Factory reset

uAyq0az.jpg

bRuhcKH.jpg

Reboot to system

rjgmURx.jpg

IKQHS0T.jpg

MZHDiYw.png

For CWM in English:

When you reboot into the recovery mode the manual is in English and not Chinese anymore (if you are rooting a WCDMA Hongmi)
(use the volume buttons to navigate and use the Power button the confirm your choice)
View attachment 6843
1. Wipe Data/factory reset
1.b Choose "Yes -- delete all user data"
View attachment 6844
2. Wipe cache partition
2.b Choose "Yes -- Wipe cache"
3. Install zip from sdcard
View attachment 6845
4.Choose zip from internal sdcard
View attachment 6842
5.Go to the location where you have stored the Miuiandroid rom.zip file (like: miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_3.11.29_jb-4.2.zip)
View attachment 6846
View attachment 6848
5.b Choose "Yes - Install **miuiandroidrom**.zip
6.After the update choose for "+++++++Go Back+++++++
View attachment 6849
7. Finaly: Reboot system now and the first 2 questions are: Do you want google to use your location and choose your language :)
View attachment 6847

Here are the results
View attachment 6850 View attachment 6851 View attachment 6852

Last edited:
Thanks for that.. will try it all out next week.. any chance of getting an English translation for CWM? my Chinese is a little rusty :)

Thats why we have pictures above with detailed steps. But don't worry. After few flashes you won't be needed chinese :)

Hi all,
I tried the 3.8.16 rom.
The new camera app disapeared and it can't be reinstalled with backup tool, so there'sno camera on it.
If anybody you encounter problems with playstore, delete your google account and create it again.
The factory reset don't delete apps already installed before flashing.
I made some tests and reinstall the official version. The recovery back to first version.
I made my own french translation with the HM2.1rom (I use Jbart Burgerz) and flash it with Update tool.
It works well except some apps are not translate (new camera) and stay in english. Root disapear and I reinstall it, Superuser is in Chinese(I reflash and I've backed up the english version to reinstall it after).
For now I'm staying with my French HM2.1 rooted version and I will reflash when the miui android version will have camera app.

Thanks for all this guide and all your work, and sorry for my English!

Rayoul

Hi all,
I tried the 3.8.16 rom.
The new camera app disapeared and it can't be reinstalled with backup tool, so there'sno camera on it.
If anybody you encounter problems with playstore, delete your google account and create it again.
The factory reset don't delete apps already installed before flashing.
I made some tests and reinstall the official version. The recovery back to first version.
I made my own french translation with the HM2.1rom (I use Jbart Burgerz) and flash it with Update tool.
It works well except some apps are not translate (new camera) and stay in english. Root disapear and I reinstall it, Superuser is in Chinese(I reflash and I've backed up the english version to reinstall it after).
For now I'm staying with my French HM2.1 rooted version and I will reflash when the miui android version will have camera app.

Thanks for all this guide and all your work, and sorry for my English!

Rayoul

I have this 3.8.16 version installed.. camera app is there.. :)

I don't know why I don't have it go to reflash it!
Did you know why all instaled apps stay when I do a factory reset?

Thanks

I don't know why I don't have it go to reflash it!
Did you know why all instaled apps stay when I do a factory reset?

Thanks
did you make factory reset in that chinese CWM..?

did you make factory reset in that chinese CWM..?

Yes I did it with this chinese CWM, maybe I've mess something.

I reflash the phone and all goes well (factory reset before and after the flash)
I've just replace the vold.fstab (from your other post) in the rom zip before flashing and my phone storage is now 16 Go!!!
Thanks for all Ingbrzy!

Yes I did it with this chinese CWM, maybe I've mess something.

I reflash the phone and all goes well (factory reset before and after the flash)
I've just replace the vold.fstab (from your other post) in the rom zip before flashing and my phone storage is now 16 Go!!!
Thanks for all Ingbrzy!

I have this 3.8.16 version installed.. camera app is there.. :)
Everything works as it should, when it will be later rom on red rice?

Flash this new rom and like it, especially for calendar notifications. I found a little bug and don't now where to post it.
the led indicator settings FC when I set other color as bleu or red and setting yellow make green color, it's not a big matter!

Flash this new rom and like it, especially for calendar notifications. I found a little bug and don't now where to post it.
the led indicator settings FC when I set other color as bleu or red and setting yellow make green color, it's not a big matter!
which language are you using..?

Great manual, I will try this out today or this weekend
Edit: I couldn't wait. Just installed it directly with the newest version.

Screenshot_2013-09-27-09-42-13.png

Last edited:
Reactions: argy and type-R
Well! I followed the instructions and everything went fine and the end is success.
I am unable to download the 3.9.20 version and download is failed in between with message network failure.
Please provide if another address is available for quick download.
Thanks a lot for the efforts you people made.

Download 3.9.27 from multilang thread...

~Tapatalk 4~

ok will be fixed for next version..
The led bug is in part solved in the new version, if you choose red, green or blue its ok. If you choose other colors the settings don't fc but the colors are wrong, just green red or blue. Thanks for all your work.