Hongmi V6?

Yes. My custom rom Red Kat based on Miui, mixed with Aosp and Xperia is in final stage. First alpha version comming soon. Aosp pure version maybe later

Reactions: Whooper
Hi Sonic,
Thank you for this.
I invite you to create a thread here and in English.
This would be nice.
Since its based on MIUI V6, do you solved the SD cards issue?

Yes. New threat will be created after more test on my home forum. Sd card problem fixed, using patched vold in system/bin

Greta Sonic.
If the solution for the SD cards exists why in the heart that MIui dev team didn't apply it?

Patched vold sended Devs. But no answear. This solution works, but need to rewrite settings.apk to works better with switch storage

14cdf92e9343ff8c4f6fca03e7f8f9da.jpg

Reactions: Whooper and pjovp
rom its nice and working real well.

My only remark in the short period of testing its for the Camera.
I have to admit that, wether is photos or videos, there is no camera that gives the same quality as the miui roms camera app.
I think this is something in the miui roms that should never be touched, unless its to improve. ;)

yes that would be nice.
Also, on storage, its showing the phone storage is the external SD and the Exernal SD is in fact the phone storage.
I know this is a solution for the storage bug of this rom, but you know this is not correct right?

Changing that would be puting this as they should be.
Good work!
Make thread for this rom so that people can discuss it

sonic, if I apply your sd card patch to normal Miui V6, the camera photos and videos are being recorded in the External SD with is the the internal storage, therfeore not enough space.
Can we change this?

The V6 for our beloved HongMi is nothing else if not quite a mess. But we're not that many who are still holding on our HongMi, so...

With the SD card bug, apps like Here Maps or Spotify don't work. And if we apply the invert the storage spaces, then you can't take lots of photos or videos.

To me, my HongMi just became a half dumbphone, but that's life. The device is quite old and was a ultra entry market device.

Now it has gotten better but XiaoMi has been a bit sleeping, the HongMi 2 is just a lazy upgrade.
Now, we have phone like the TCL for 599/699 RMB, for 2 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM.