Hongmi V6?

1. Flash stock recovery with SP flash tools
2. Then try update from stock recovery.
Tested with Beta Team user and posted on en.miui.com and works fine.
TWRP 2.5.0.0 is not recommed for KK ROMs

Did you turned it on?
I tried 5.4.2 and it was working a little different than in V5.
You have to first run some app which would complain to have no root access. Only then in security settings this app would show in a list and you could enable root for that app.
Hi, Thanks for the way to proceed?
Now it Works fine.

And this is why I'm looking to get rid of my hongmi and get a different phone! This update due middle of Feb, its now April and still no stable version!!

1. Flash stock recovery with SP flash tools
2. Then try update from stock recovery.
Tested with Beta Team user and posted on en.miui.com and works fine.
TWRP 2.5.0.0 is not recommed for KK ROMs

That TWRP 2.5 is really hard to kill :)
Ok, here is how i did it without spflas tools.
1. First installed dev V6 5.4.10., rebooted, still TWRP!?
2. Then flashed stock via mobileuncle tools, rebooted back to the system to let the original install-recovery.sh script do it's patching
3. Rebooted back to recovery and there it is - stock E3 recovery.
4. From stock recovery flashed signed TWRP 2.8.4. Done :)
Now i can try other 4.4. ROMs
It seems to me that for some reason install-recovery.sh doesn't work on twrp.

Thanks Sonic :)

Installed the version 5.10.4, but at the end of installation gave this error:
Error executing updater binary in ZIP/sdcard/HM2013....

I made every Wipes before, and even giving the error, sent restart, after the installation and entered without any problems.
What is the reason for this error?

Installed the version 5.10.4, but at the end of installation gave this error:
Error executing updater binary in ZIP/sdcard/HM2013....

I made every Wipes before, and even giving the error, sent restart, after the installation and entered without any problems.
What is the reason for this error?
install from internal storage, not SD card...

I used the new version of TWRP (Bucefal82).

So I always installed the roms from the SD, and never got that error.
Now it has begun to give?

Added to which I always do all wipes, put the ZIP file of the ROM, SD card, it cleans the file.

I and my partition for apps, increased, there are only about 70Mb of ROM 4GB, so the ZIP file of the rom does not fit in the available space. I always have to install the MicroSD Card

Installed from http://htcfanboys.com/download/acid/?action=list&folder=72931 with TWRP 2.5.0.0 no problems here...just do a full wipe (factory reset), install from zip (SD card) and do clear cache&dalvik (again) ...so far no bugs...

+1 here
working all ok

but now I have a you questions and I wonder if anyone could help:

1. When I execute an app that needs root priveleges, its says that the phone is not rooted. If I go to Security > Permissions > Root access I can then give root permission. Isn't there a way to give/deny on request basis as usually?

2. Mi Cloud does not sync Call Log nor Messages although the options are on and it says that last sync was done today.

3. How can I choose the camera resolutions? I'm only able to choose 4:3 or 16:9

4. Don't seem to find the typical android Power Widget bar (the one with the shotcuts for wi-fi, bluetooth, GPS, etc)

5. Is there an option to choose the Vibration Feedback, like in V5?

6. Its only showing the internal SD. How can I access the external SD and make it primary destination?
When I connect to PC via USB I have access to both internal and external SD...

For now I think thatd it,as without the extrenal SD, there's not much more to test. As far to bugs, Gallery is extremelly laggy, didn't find anything else that was important to mention.

aaa, ok, one thing, no option to sort the folder (alphabetical, size, etc), so no improvement here.
Never understood why the hell these people disable this option from V4 to V5.... Its just stupid not having it.....

Last edited:
I tried 5.4.2 and 5.4.10 and went back to V5 :)
IMHO, V6 is still not a worthy successor to V5. With or without the mentioned bugs.

+1 here
working all ok

but now I have a you questions and I wonder if anyone could help:

1. When I execute an app that needs root priveleges, its says that the phone is not rooted. If I go to Security > Permissions > Root access I can then give root permission. Isn't there a way to give/deny on request basis as usually?

2. Mi Cloud does not sync Call Log nor Messages although the options are on and it says that last sync was done today.

3. How can I choose the camera resolutions? I'm only able to choose 4:3 or 16:9

4. Don't seem to find the typical android Power Widget bar (the one with the shotcuts for wi-fi, bluetooth, GPS, etc)

5. Is there an option to choose the Vibration Feedback, like in V5?

6. Its only showing the internal SD. How can I access the external SD and make it primary destination?
When I connect to PC via USB I have access to both internal and external SD...

For now I think thatd it,as without the extrenal SD, there's not much more to test. As far to bugs, Gallery is extremelly laggy, didn't find anything else that was important to mention.

aaa, ok, one thing, no option to sort the folder (alphabetical, size, etc), so no improvement here.
Never understood why the hell these people disable this option from V4 to V5.... Its just stupid not having it.....

1.U can instal supersu from google store (in this rom is native root only in dev roms).

2.Maybe MIUI bug.

3. 4:3=8 MP... 16:9=6,2 MP

4. Pinch screen Widgets-Toggles or Settings thig

5. Dunno

6.All aps and pictures saves in SD card?!

Last edited:
I'm back on V5 for good.
V6 is just stupid and I'm not taking about the the eventual bugs. These developers are creating roms for dumbphones and not smartphones.
Time to change to a proper phone and say bye bye to miui

Reactions: gigimon212 and wato
This is still dev rom not stable... Maybe stable rom will be great, unofficial developers working on ported roms KK based maybe you find rom that suits you...

The problem are not the bugs, its the rom itself, that its a disgrace compared with V5.
Looks like what I need is a new phone and one thing I can say with 100% confidence, Xiaomi? NEVER AGAIN!

@pjovp eu estou com a rom Miui V6 e nao acho que esteja assim tao mal.
Nota se que esta verde, mas da para usar no dia a dia.

porra, então os nossos padrões de exigência estão bastante afastados.
verde? dasss é uma autêntica merda
camera não presta é simplesmente má, ponto final, etc etc etc etc etc etc