How are the Xiaomi 11 Ultra after a year?

caisersouze

Members
May 20, 2022
Hi everyone, I would like to get a xiaomi 11 ultra or maybe 12 ultra.
It's the first time I've tried to buy a Xiaomi, I don't know what to expect in terms of reliability. In terms of construction they seem well done, in terms of technical specifications and quality of the cameras they are at the top. My perplexities are the MIUI and the proximity sensor, but especially the MIUI because I generally use bluetooth headsets to call.
I ask to the owners of the Ultra series if after a year the problems that was present at the beginning have been solved, honestly I think these problems were serious.
Are you still experiencing problems with google services, banking applications, android auto, excessive battery drain?
Thank you for the feedback, I don't change my smartphone often, I wouldn't want to find myself holding a device that I can't sell or must install cooked ROMs to make it work decently.

It's the first time I've tried to buy a Xiaomi, I don't know what to expect in terms of reliability. In terms of construction they seem well done, in terms of technical specifications and quality of the cameras they are at the top. My perplexities are the MIUI and the proximity sensor, but especially the MIUI because I generally use bluetooth headsets to call.
I ask to the owners of the Ultra series if after a year the problems that was present at the beginning have been solved, honestly I think these problems were serious.
Are you still experiencing problems with google services, banking applications, android auto, excessive battery drain?
Thank you for the feedback, I don't change my smartphone often, I wouldn't want to find myself holding a device that I can't sell or must install cooked ROMs to make it work decently.
You don't want to install cooked ROMs yet you post here! The Xiaomi EU ROM is not stock. You need to unlock the bootloader to install and this will take a minimum of 168 hours, 7 days to complete. Obviously this will invalidate your warranty.
However, away from that, the 11 Ultra for me running the weekly version and have had no issues.
Some have had issues with bank apps but they were not an issue on once you deleted the twrp folder and as there is no twrp currently, then the folder wouldn't get made now, so no issues.
Some people have more issues because they want to root. This is where most security related apps fail without installing magisk if other root hiding procedures. If you're not interested in root, it's not an issue. The Xiaomi EU ROM fully passes safety net and although the bootloader is unlocked, the ROM hides this very well.
Depending on where you live, you may want your stock ROM. Global, Chinese or EEA. Each has its own merits but for me this Xiaomi EU ROM based on the Chinese stock has been really good. My version was a Chinese model for info.
I will be upgrading to the 12 Ultra on release and again I will buy the Chinese version and install the Xiaomi EU ROM on it once it is available.

You don't want to install cooked ROMs yet you post here! The Xiaomi EU ROM is not stock. You need to unlock the bootloader to install and this will take a minimum of 168 hours, 7 days to complete. Obviously this will invalidate your warranty.
However, away from that, the 11 Ultra for me running the weekly version and have had no issues.
Some have had issues with bank apps but they were not an issue on once you deleted the twrp folder and as there is no twrp currently, then the folder wouldn't get made now, so no issues.
Some people have more issues because they want to root. This is where most security related apps fail without installing magisk if other root hiding procedures. If you're not interested in root, it's not an issue. The Xiaomi EU ROM fully passes safety net and although the bootloader is unlocked, the ROM hides this very well.
Depending on where you live, you may want your stock ROM. Global, Chinese or EEA. Each has its own merits but for me this Xiaomi EU ROM based on the Chinese stock has been really good. My version was a Chinese model for info.
I will be upgrading to the 12 Ultra on release and again I will buy the Chinese version and install the Xiaomi EU ROM on it once it is available.
What about the Touchscreen issue which more of them are experiencing in the newer stable roms? Seems like its affecting every mi 11 ultra. Is this issue only on the EU rom or does the China rom also suffer the same fate?

What about the Touchscreen issue which more of them are experiencing in the newer stable roms? Seems like its affecting every mi 11 ultra. Is this issue only on the EU rom or does the China rom also suffer the same fate?
Im on eu stable version, but still on A11 the miui 12.5.20 it all is rock solid for me.

I'm on the weekly and have no touchscreen issues
Im on eu stable version, but still on A11 the miui 12.5.20 it all is rock solid for me.
Interesting to see the both of you having no issues with the touchscreen, especially since the people in this thread are all reporting said issues:

I guess the issue only occurs on some mi 11 ultra(s)?

I have also the Mi 11 Ultra, bought it new last year. No issues with touchscreen whatsoever. Using xiaomi.eu roms on all my Xiaomi phones, more than 5 years. In Serbia, the unlocking doesn't void warranty, but I must return original Xiaomi rom on device when sending it for repair. I have dropped my previous Mi 10 Pro phone and broken the camera, so I sent it for repair unlocked, no problem at all. They issued the money back because they were not able to repair it, than I added a little more money and bought Mi 11 Ultra.

Reactions: Mark F
I suggest to install the latest stable on a11… no problems.

• Wow
Reactions: JakSpoon

Wait a minute .. do you want to tell me that it is not possible to buy a Xiami 11 Ultra with a non-Chinese ROM and it is necessary to change the ROM manually? And does that invalidate the warranty? OMG .. we start really bad! But what is the weekly? What is the difference between the ROM Global and the EU?

Wait a minute .. do you want to tell me that it is not possible to buy a Xiami 11 Ultra with a non-Chinese ROM and it is necessary to change the ROM manually? And does that invalidate the warranty? OMG .. we start really bad! But what is the weekly? What is the difference between the ROM Global and the EU?
You can buy it with a non Chinese ROM. But on a custom ROM forum, maybe you won't get a lot of opinions of people who did not install a ROM themselves.

The Global ROM is an official Xiaomi ROM, including a version for Europe, Xiaomi.eu is a custom ROM, usually based on the Chinese ROM, and it is its dedicated forum.
The weekly is the beta version of the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Weekly is the latest weekly beta and stable is the most recent released stable. Both based on the Chinese weekly / stable release.

I use weekly as many do but have no problems with messages. May be worth checking your default apps to make sure they are pointing to your message app or check SIM connection settings but I assure you, it works fine.

Miui13 is buggy as hell. Stay away from Miui13 unless you're ok with severely degraded camera quality. I lurk around chinese forums and it's such a shitfest over there.

As for my experience, Roughly 11 months in, my Mi11 Ultra got its mobo fried. Now I'm waiting for the 7 days for the BL unlock of my replacement device.

It's a nice phone. I had mine for 6 months. Only issue that I have is heat. On video calls especially, phone gets hot. Not a rom issue, as I had this issue forever

Reactions: JakSpoon
My phone lasted 5 days. At day 3, my phone would no longer charge via USB cable and I had to resort to wirelessly charging it. Then it randomly charged on USB again after contacting seller. I did some updates, went to Miui 13 and was getting the infamous random reboots while in my pocket. (Couldn't figure out why I had to put my pin in every time and wasn't getting notifications).

I went into safe mode, and it rebooted in my pocket and bricked. I was about to send it back to the seller within the 7 days and the shipping company (DHL) tried to see if the phone was working (it wasn't starting up) and basically refused to touch it via air cargo as it is a Lith-Ion battery.

Now I am weighing my options and found some posts/videos about EDL and remote unbricking.. but the whole experience has not been a fun one.