How can they design a phone with no LED light?

taco9

Members
Jul 9, 2019
Been with Xiaomi since RN4, and this my 4th device from them. The RN10 Pro is the worst of the lot in terms of user experience. My previous RN7 Pro was better in every way aside from camera. How can they design a phone with no LED light? I thought every phone on the planet had a notification light to alert its users to missed calls or SMS, etc.

No where did I see this drawback mentioned in the many reviews of the device or I would not have bought it. I've seen workarounds where some ppl install an app from google play but its not perfect and drains battery. I'm hoping that some custom ROM or a Magisk module can address this issue. Any alternate solutions in the meantime, before I sell it off and return to my RN7 Pro?

Reactions: stauros2653
Seems like you've missed it but a notification LED is a rare thing today regardless of manufacturer. I only know some phones from Asus & Sony still has it.

Skickat från min Mi Note 10 via Tapatalk

Hello!

I'm wandering the same thing myself... Just bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T and I don't have a notification LED! I'm baffled by this choice not to include a LED notification light as it is easily one of the best new features I had for the last couple of years.

What's the alternative? Keep poking the phot to see if I have notifications?!? I'm wondering if I'm missing some feature that replaces the LED notification light...
Any help? Please?

Same hère,
I miss my redmi note 7, no bug with the screen kepping off when finishing a call, fingerprint sensor in the back is very more useful because it's impossible to unlock the phone ( on rn10 pro because the sensor is on the power button it often unlocks when I lock it to put in my pocket), notification light was simple , I don't like the aod witch consumes battery....
And the size was exactly what I needed since I use my phone with Only one hand...

Well for 100 € more than the redmi note 7 I think it's not such a better deal.

After breaking my rn7 I was sad I couldn't buy a new one and I ordered the last redmi .... Finally ... Don't care about 120 htz amoled screen.

It's the first time I'm not more satisfied with a new phone than the older, and it's my 4 th Xiaomi ( redmi note 3, redmi 4x, redmi note 7 and now redmi note 10 pro)

Ouaahhhh I feel better now I've said what I think,
Hope it can help

Hello!

I'm wandering the same thing myself... Just bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T and I don't have a notification LED! I'm baffled by this choice not to include a LED notification light as it is easily one of the best new features I had for the last couple of years.

What's the alternative? Keep poking the phot to see if I have notifications?!? I'm wondering if I'm missing some feature that replaces the LED notification light...
Any help? Please?
Did you ever find a workaround? I just bought the Redmi Note 9T. Somehow, even though I red there wasn't a notification light, I somehow thought something -- anything -- would still indicate the phone is connected to a charger when you've got the phone turned off but plugged in. The older my Xiaomi devices get, the more particular they become about which cables and charging bricks they will connect with so I always found that little light convenient and reassuring.

Did you ever find a workaround? I just bought the Redmi Note 9T. Somehow, even though I red there wasn't a notification light, I somehow thought something -- anything -- would still indicate the phone is connected to a charger when you've got the phone turned off but plugged in. The older my Xiaomi devices get, the more particular they become about which cables and charging bricks they will connect with so I always found that little light convenient and reassuring.
Sorry, I did not find any workaround.
I bought a Xiaomi Mi Band 6 and now I get my notifications directly on it.