How do I convert/flash Mi A2 to Mi 6X (with EU MIUI 10)

chrisdealemania

Members
Nov 15, 2018
As the title says...
I have tried flashing around the last couple of days getting nowhere closer.
After finally figuring out how this A/B partitioning/flashing dual boot-recovery system works on this phone (flashing used to be so easy!)....
and with TWRP working at the moment after days of trying to get it running (there are loads of flashing instructions that are plain dysfunctional) ....
I have finally got to the point where I was able to load the "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI6X_V10.0.2.0.ODCCNFH_v10-8.1.ZIP" (as provided here) with TWRP from my internal phone storage (renamed as update.zip) ....
... and then it told me that I cannot flash it because my device is a Jasmine (Mi A2, Android One) and not a Wayne (Mi 6X). Ah, as if I didn't know.

How do I convert it with that EU MIUI 10 version above (not the China original MIUI 10 as to avoid that ARB thing). How do I flash the MIUI 10 onto my Mi A2?

Yes, phone is unlocked.

Yes, critical is unlocked.

Magisk v.17 has been installed via TWRP. (not sure if it worked though, let alone necessary as I am too hesitant to log out of TWRP and lose its working status again).

Tried sideloading the zip via ADB. Unsuccessful.

Tried the MiFlashTool. Unsuccessful.

And finally the TWRP. Unsuccessful.

Anyone with a success story here with baby-step-by-step instructions?

Reactions: jabre
It seems I have to post the answer myself:

English (or so):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(XDA thread in the video description)

Español:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: jabre
Any new link the old one is removed???
I hva similar problems... i unblocked BL but i cant root or install twrp....

Послато са Mi A2 уз помоћ Тапатока

I forgot to delete UPDATE-FOLDER and ARB 4 is activated now. ( but I dont regret it. but be carefull , and if you ask me, it wouldn't such that bad to trigger the ARB 4 even intentionally! )

Any new link the old one is removed???
I hva similar problems... i unblocked BL but i cant root or install twrp....

Послато са Mi A2 уз помоћ Тапатока

If you run Android 9 , TWRP wont be compatible , use PitchBlack.

What do I need to know before I think about doing the conversion? Thanks
It claims that found a way to install MIUI without converting! Test at your own risk!

I converted it to 6X, ARB4 triggered, use weekly xiaomi.eu beta ROMs, and I am totally happy with it, I would like to have an Android phone and experience most recently updates by it, and now thanks to Xiaomi.eu beta project I enjoy it.

Sorry but what is ARB? Where can i find it?
I want to install miui but I'm afraid of brick my smartphone...

Sorry but what is ARB? Where can i find it?
I want to install miui but I'm afraid of brick my smartphone...
It is a locking system to prevent you from going back to earlier version of MIUI.

By default you should have ARB (Anti Roll Back) version 2, but if you flash newer ROMs it will be updated to version 4. Version 4 won't let you to reinstall MIUI 9, and you need to stick to MIUI 10 or newer versions that would be released in future. So after ARB4 you need to forget MIUI 9 or earlier version and as well as AndroidONE!
If you trigger the ARB4 your Bootloader will remain as 6X! (And it would be a major problem if your Bootloader get locked while it runs by 6X Bootloader, you may ask why? The problem is this: for most of flashing stuffs you need an unlocked Bootloader, but if you have a converted A2 with 6x Bootloader, there will be no practical way to unlock it again! (Maybe in tomorrow will be some ways.)

There is two different ways to deal with this ARB story:

1. Update it to version 4 , forget AndroidONE and old versions of MIUI and keep enjoying MIUI 10 or newer ones.

2. Before flashing delete the Firmware folder from ROM file, and after flashing the ROM you need to flash special Kernel to keep the Camera working.

(BTW there is some ways to left behind these ARB4, but you need more technical steps to follow)

Last edited:
I did these steps:
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flashing unlock_critical.
And I put in mobile in edl with this command
fastboot oem edl
The device turns black the screen, but when I locate in the firmware folder of miui 9, I open a linux terminal and run the flash_all.sh nothing happens for more than 15 minutes.
Then I turn it on and the phone starts with Android One.
I was thinking if I need to make a command after fastboot oem unlock?
What happens if after fastboot oem unlock I do fastboot flashing unlock?