How hard will it be to go back if I don't like it?

Jun 17, 2011
Ok this is the first rom I have looked at trying that requires me to format recovery and boot partitions. If I do this; Will I be able to go back to my other roms should I choose to? I don't want to break my HTC CDMA Desire. If there is no getting back the boot or recovery partitions then I had better leave this alone.

Thanks for any feedback

Mar 31, 2011
Simply flash the old hboot and recovery back.. the way in is also the way out.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Jun 17, 2011
Thanks for the reply; however your sig shows that you use GSM desire and these are two different breed of phones when it comes to mods and roms. For instance you can turn S-On; I cannot. It isn't done through h-boot on CDMA phones.

I'm just being extra cautious. I wouldn't have ever rooted my phone if I had known the real truth about it when All my research lead me to believe I would be able to make a backup prior to flashing the phone with the root process. I have learned a lot since then but still upset about that first experience. And I have tried most of the limited supply of roms available to CDMA phones and none are as good as the stock sense ui.

The screen shots look sharp and I am interested to see if I will like this mod any better but I need to know for certain before I try it. Has anyone with CDMA used the MIUI and gone back to other rom successfully?

Mar 31, 2011
i guess these are fundamental differences.. with gsm, its very easy to unroot also. cant u get the official htc ruu and install? . is this not an option on cdma? just wondering.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miuiandroid.com forum app