How Is This Possible?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 5C' started by Josipa, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Sunit

SunitMembers

Sep 4, 2017
    Male
    #26Sunit,Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  2. Xyrcon

XyrconMembers

Sep 1, 2017
    Male
    This method will work if you have fastboot installed. If you use minimal adb + fastboot, you have to copy twrp to that folder and follow instructions in video.

I use the latest weekly MIUI9 rom.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...s/files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/7.9.8/

Stable rom is same install method.

3. Sunit

SunitMembers

Sep 4, 2017
    Male
    Thanks again Xyrcon. Can you please confirm if the EU ROM has G-apps pre-installed or do I need to install them manually again?

4. Xyrcon

XyrconMembers

Sep 1, 2017
    Male
    gapps is pre-installed.

5. Sunit

SunitMembers

Sep 4, 2017
    Male
    Thanks Josipa & Xyrcon. I have successfully installed the stable ROM(8.5.4 NCJCNED). I used Josipa's method to install the original China ROM first and then used Xyrcon's method to flash the EU ROM. The phone works like a dream now. Thanks everyone. Much appreciated!!

6. Josipa

JosipaMembers

May 10, 2016
    Male
    Croatia
    Great, did you unlock 4g?

7. Sunit

SunitMembers

Sep 4, 2017
    Male
    Yeah I did. Xyrcon had mentioned it in the comment that I would need to. Everything is working in order.
    Just wanted to ask you, what when the update comes in? Do i manually need to update using the same method or will it be OTA?
    Thanks again.

8. Josipa

JosipaMembers

May 10, 2016
    Male
    Croatia
  9. Sunit

SunitMembers

Sep 4, 2017
    Male
    Thanks again Josipa, i will keep a tab on that Updater now :) Hopefully MIUI 9 stable version would be arriving soon

10. Josipa

JosipaMembers

May 10, 2016
    Male
    Croatia
    I hope so..

11. herrdoktor

herrdoktorMembers

Nov 2, 2016
    I was in the same situation as OP with fake rom installed from vendor. I have flashed latest MIUI china dev rom and unlocked the bootloader. I tried following Xyrcons instructions for flashing eu rom, but when i try flashing twrp in fastboot i get this error message:
    Code:
    target reported max download size of 117440512 bytes
    sending 'bootloader' (21616 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.478s]
    writing 'bootloader'...
    FAILED (remote: flash write failure)
    finished. total time: 0.515s
    Has anyone encountered this error or know what to do?

12. herrdoktor

herrdoktorMembers

Nov 2, 2016
    Never mind i solved it by following different tutorial

13. Sunit

SunitMembers

Sep 4, 2017
    Male
    Hi Herrdoktor,
    Can you please post your solution here as could be helpful to others or in future. Thanks

14. herrdoktor

herrdoktorMembers

Nov 2, 2016
    I am not able to link to the tutorial because i have not yet made 5 posts, but it can be found by googling "Perfect Root/twrp full guide for Your Mi 5c. [updated 8/02/17]".

15. Josipa

JosipaMembers

May 10, 2016
    Male
    Croatia
    Are you instal twrp?

16. woffer

wofferMembers

Apr 28, 2013
    Male
    Hi everyone, I bought this smartphone for my daughter. can you confirm whether the installed ROM is ok or fake?
    There are the chinese twrp but not rooted.
    Thanks[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Inviato dal mio ZUK Z2131 utilizzando Tapatalk

17. archmirak

archmirakMembers

Aug 29, 2017
    Software developer
    Italy
    Yep, that's the latest dev for MIUI 8 branch from July 20th (https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi.../files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/7.7.20/). I would though flash xiaomi.eu's TWRP over the chinese one (made by 7to.cn with the rabbit logo), which is a stock version: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545578888.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sì, quella è l'ultima dev del branch della MIUI 8, rilasciata il 20 Luglio (https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi.../files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/7.7.20/). Tuttavia, sovrascriverei la TWRP cinese (quella fatta da 7to.cn con il logo del coniglio immagino) con quella ufficiale del team xiaomi.eu, che sarebbe la solita stock: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545578888.

woffer likes this.
  18. woffer

wofferMembers

Apr 28, 2013
    Male
    Thanks @archmirak for your reply.
    Yes, the twrp with rabbit, it seems...
    flashing the stock twrp over the chinese from the updater? Or from recovery? Hard to make for no chinese users
    Thanks again M8 for the help and forgive my poor English

19. corwindigo

corwindigoMembers

May 7, 2012
    Male
    Hello, I'm French and I have bought a MI5C for my son. It has a fake rom installed with french. I have installed minimal adb and type the command fastboot oem device-info with a result => device unlocked: true. Do I need to relock the bootloader and then flash with stable chinese rom and after with xiaomi.eu rom? I hope my language is clear for you.

20. Josipa

JosipaMembers

May 10, 2016
    Male
    Croatia
    You do not need to unlock because it's unlocked. My recommendation is to first install an official rom, and then eu rom. Here is the procedure described in this topic.

21. corwindigo

corwindigoMembers

May 7, 2012
    Male
    :) Ok I will try this. it is my son who will be afraid:D:D

22. corwindigo

corwindigoMembers

May 7, 2012
    Male
    Flash with xiaomi eu rom is OK, works fine :)

23. Sunit

SunitMembers

Sep 4, 2017
    Male
    Glad this thread is getting people the help required to install the correct ROM for their Mi5C. Had one question for the geeks though, the official stable ROM for Mi5C states Version: V8.5.5.0.NCJCNED (MIUI8)(http://en.miui.com/download-322.html). Whats the difference between that and the 8.5.4 available here?

24. Josipa

JosipaMembers

May 10, 2016
    Male
    Croatia
    Improve System Stability!

archmirak likes this.
  25. woffer

wofferMembers

Apr 28, 2013
    Male
    Hello to all. I saw that finally a new official version was released.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/7.10.19/

Before I upgrade I would like to change twrp. I ask the question again to replace the Chinese recovery with the rabbit with the multilingual or English. Do I have to do it by updater?
    Thanks

Share Our Site