How Is This Possible?

Hello to all. I saw that finally a new official version was released.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/7.10.19/

Before I upgrade I would like to change twrp. I ask the question again to replace the Chinese recovery with the rabbit with the multilingual or English. Do I have to do it by updater?
Thanks

Inviato dal mio ZUK Z2131 utilizzando Tapatalk

Sorry for my late reply. Do it using fastboot: download xiaomi.eu's TWRP from the 7.10.19 thread, then fash it on your phone by running "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" from a terminal. That will overwrite the existing recovery with the one you want :)

Reactions: woffer
Sorry for my late reply. Do it using fastboot: download xiaomi.eu's TWRP from the 7.10.19 thread, then fash it on your phone by running "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" from a terminal. That will overwrite the existing recovery with the one you want :)
I thank you so much m8. And after flash from recovery , dalvik and cache as usual? Sorry for the common questions but...iuni, nubia, zuk and Xiaomi...many procedures and little memory
Thanks again

Reactions: archmirak
I thank you so much m8. And after flash from recovery , dalvik and cache as usual? Sorry for the common questions but...iuni, nubia, zuk and Xiaomi...many procedures and little memory
Thanks again

Yep exactly :)

Reactions: woffer
All updated. TWRP+ROM.
Bur the annoying bug on the video, fb, YouTube Instagram, ecc...there always...

Reactions: dbrzlsk
Hi,

I had installed a stable ROM from here,(8.5.4 NCJCNED) for my Mi5C and now I see there's 8.5.5 available here but neither am I getting an OTA update nor does the updater app respond on click for check for updates. Should I get an OTA update or do I again manually need to install the 8.5.5 version using TWRP?

Xiaomi.eu did not make version 8.5.5. because they work on MIUI 9, which is soon to be expected, so version 8.5.5. does not exist.
It takes a bit of patience to get a stable version of MIUI 9, I hope it will soon, because the original have already begun for some models. I hope it will come out for us for a week or two.

Xiaomi.eu did not make version 8.5.5. because they work on MIUI 9, which is soon to be expected, so version 8.5.5. does not exist.
It takes a bit of patience to get a stable version of MIUI 9, I hope it will soon, because the original have already begun for some models. I hope it will come out for us for a week or two.

Thanks Josipa for the reply, but I can see a 8.5.5 file for the stable ROM downloads here at the following location: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=185354
Is this not 8.5.5 for Mi5C developed by xiaomi.eu ? And if it is, should I get it over OTA or have to manually install it?

Last edited:
Hi Josipa, when you say OTA update for 8.5.5, does that mean I have to manually download the file and use the updater app to chose that file and update? Or will it appear automatically as an update notification? Because I still haven't received the 8.5.5 update on my Mi5C from the 29th Oct.
Sorry its the first time I am installing a ROM from here.

It should be appear automatically as an update notification but it does not work with me either, I have 8.5.4.
You can manually download the file and use the updater app to chose that file and update.

Reactions: Sunit
Thanks again Josipa, I guess I will wait for the automatic update to appear atleast for this week, if it does not I might try the updater app method. I will keep you posted here.

Will that(MIUI 9) be an OTA update as well or have to manually install it?
I have the weekly miui 9 in the mi5c of my daughter. When there's an notification for the new weekly I download it but I install it from twrp. But I think it's the same with the stock recovery.

Reactions: Sunit
MIUI 9 Beta China Stable V9.1.2.0.NCJCNEI for Mi 5c has just been pushed via OTA.

Thanks Josipa, so does that mean we should be getting the xiaomi.eu one from here soon? And will it be over OTA?

• Last Rom Beta Stable is currently being pushed to random users.
  • The Update will be through OTA and could be without Changelog.
  • Rom will be released to the Public after a successful tests of the Beta Stable ROM

While waiting for MIUI 9 stable I'd like to revert back to 8.5.5.0: does anybody know what android security patch is supplied? Is it safe from both Blueborne and KRACK exploits? The last one I've used was 8.5.4.0 back in August.

I am still at stable 8.5.4.0
I remember that a new entry ("System apps updater" I think) appeared in settings app after 8.5.3.0, though when I was on xiaomi.eu 8.5.4.0 tapping on it wouldn't do anything. Is it the same for you?