How many of us will be buying Xiaomi MI4 ?

manohar

Members
Jun 6, 2013
Hi guys, as the thread title says it all, can we have everyone's opinion about this new super phone to date from Xiaomi being announced today ?

Tell us here frankly, how many of you think MI4 is super cool & far better phone from Xiaomi till date ?
How many of you will even go a step further to sell your whatever Xiaomi phone you have to just lay your hands on on MI4.

Personally i feel this steel thing & little upgradation in hardware & cool sexy thin bezel is an instant turn on for me for this Phone.
5 Inch screen size with full HD & > 3000mAh battery is also a plus point for me. I felt White version is supercool but black looks quite elegant also.

going by the prices, i would say more people will buy MI4 than any other phones....

Is dual sim option a must for a phone as lot of techies have already discussed about it so many times....

What are your views on this new announcement.... just list them whatever it comes to your mind here.

Thanks a lot & take care

Im definately gonna buy it! Its already listed on ibuygou.com but unfortunately only the 16 GB version... As soon as I can see the 64 GB Version i will buy it whatever the price will be ..

Most impressive point is the design! It looks delicious :D ...
Round corners look far better then the Mi3 and the small edges left and right from the screen look great!
I dont talk about the technical specs as everybody knows they are just awesome!

Anyone need a 1 year old mi2s ? Mine is going to be for sale very very very soon ...hopefully :D

I won't buy Xiaomi phone so soon after my Mi-2, because Xiaomi don't release their sources keeping owners stucked with only MIUI. I already bought an Find 7 that already have more ROM's that Mi-2(thanks to M1cha, without him only MoKee) but brazilian post offices are the slowest on earth... Theyare holding my Find 7 more than 1 month!

Last edited:
I won't buy Xiaomi phone so soon after my Mi-2, because MIUI don't release their sources keeping owners stucked with only MIUI. I already bought an Find 7 that already have more ROM's that Mi-2(thanks to M1cha, without him only MoKee) but brazilian post offices are the slowest on earth... Theyare holding my Find 7 more than 1 month!
Nexus 6 is the way!

The biggest reason why I got the Mi2(S) was because it was the only flagship on the market at the time that wasn't a phablet, and while the Mi4 is certainly small (relatively speaking) for a 5" phone, I'm ditching Xiaomi because they now follow the same formula as every other manufacturer and believe bigger is better, when it's not.

My next phone will most likely be the Z1 Compact or Z3 Compact. I would consider the Mi4 if I could get it for dirt cheap though. Heck, I'd use a ****** iPhone for the right price.

Swyped from my Mi2S

Reactions: M1cha and Voodooman
The biggest reason why I got the Mi2(S) was because it was the only flagship on the market at the time that wasn't a phablet, and while the Mi4 is certainly small (relatively speaking) for a 5" phone, I'm ditching Xiaomi because they now follow the same formula as every other manufacturer and believe bigger is better, when it's not.

My next phone will most likely be the Z1 Compact or Z3 Compact. I would consider the Mi4 if I could get it for dirt cheap though. Heck, I'd use a ****** iPhone for the right price.

Swyped from my Mi2S

My thoughts exactly. Mi4 is a great phone for its price and I'd definitely buy it, if I was looking for something so big. Xiaomi preferred to follow the easy way and make a phone same in specs and design as all the hundreds of android phone manufacturers.
Mi2s' dimensions are the most I can accept, anything bigger does not match my lifestyle. Let's hope Xiaomi will release a smaller device, even if it has a little lowers specs.

I agree too. Only if developers support the new flagship phone then I am in. Otherwise sorry Xiaomi for being not so loyal to you after using MI2S for an year. I am also looking forward to Nexus or MX4...

This MI4 is beautiful and not too big. But I'm good with mi MI2S bought 6 months ago, and I don't want to change it.
My budget is always 250€ for a new phone, after 2 years of using so.. will wait MI5 or MI6 :D

personally i will stay with mi2s for something more.. i had to replace the screen, so i will keep it for another six months at least

I'll consider the mi4 when it can shoot in raw format.. else I'll continue to stick with my mi-2 n n1

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk

First i need the psychial dimensions (they are not announced are they?). But i guess it will be to big for me.

If it will be too big, my next phone will be a mi2s. Again.
It has a good screen (not the best, but ok for me), enough power, memory, storage etc.
Still no phone available that is as good as mi2s to me.

Only if they release the source code like Mi2 series, I don't wanna get stuck on MIUI.
For now I'm happy with my Mi2S, thanks to m1cha & ivan we got great roms to use.

and i always thought i was the only one who prefers the 4.3 over those big things.
anyway if there isn't anything special after samsung's or apple i think i will get myself the mi4 but for now keeping my old mi2 (celebrating its 2nd year birthday in some months :D)

and i always thought i was the only one who prefers the 4.3 over those big things.
anyway if there isn't anything special after samsung's or apple i think i will get myself the mi4 but for now keeping my old mi2 (celebrating its 2nd year birthday in some months :D)

Me too. I really hate those new phones out there with 5.0 inch or even larger screens - WTH are they thinking?!

Sony have compact version of their Xperia Z series phones, I really hope other manufactures copy the idea of a compact yet still powerful phone.

i like my mi2s its size so no !
2nd Reason its a phone not a laptop.
If my mi2s is fecked up i will buy it !
It looks pretty!

Last edited:
First i need the psychial dimensions (they are not announced are they?). But i guess it will be to big for me.

If it will be too big, my next phone will be a mi2s. Again.
It has a good screen (not the best, but ok for me), enough power, memory, storage etc.
Still no phone available that is as good as mi2s to me.
From what I've read, it's approximately the size of a Nexus 5 except a little bit easier to hold as it's not as wide. That's good that Xiaomi shrunk the bezels, but improvements can always be made in that design element. Also, I think bigger screens are unnecessary. I'm not an old man and my eyes aren't so bad that I can't read perfectly on the smaller, more portable, and easier to use screens.

Swyped from my Mi2S

@boojay @Voodooman @grsgs @RadarNyan @toeterbaas
Finally I'm not the only one who hates big phones :D best hw built into a 4.3 inch device was the only reason why I bought mi2 :)

I only buy it if M1cha and Linuxx buy the Mi4. I want CM on my phone :p

And my Mi2S is still way to good anyway.
Well I doubt it. Even if I'd ignore the size and just use it for development I don't think that I'll have the time to reverse engineer another kernel :)

I'm sticking with my MI2 for now, thanks to @M1cha and @linuxx, and hoping for a developer to port the real linux on it (SailfishOS) ;)

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

@boojay @Voodooman @grsgs @RadarNyan @toeterbaas
Finally I'm not the only one who hates big phones :D best hw built into a 4.3 inch device was the only reason why I bought mi2 :)
No kidding, I thought Android was about choice, but it really isn't. It's either go big or go home. It boggles my mind that manufacturers don't realize they're alienating an entire demographic. I spent months researching before I found Xiaomi, effectively shunning all the major players. In fact, I'm sure many iPhone users stick with iPhone not only because of the ecosystem, but because it's still "phone-sized" and not a friggin' tablet. There are those of us who don't want to look ridiculous holding a 1980s-sized cell phone.

4aduqedu.jpg
2upenage.jpg

Swyped from my Mi2S

the 2nd picture(old phone) looks even better because it's easier to old due to it's form :)
I'd rather use this one than a phablet :)

Reactions: Beyaz and boojay