How to change Wifi Auto Connect Password - MIUI 5 (Redmi 1S)

Praveen Thomas

Members
Nov 19, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to change or edit saved password on Wifi - Auto Connect screen after logging into the Wifi profile on the Redmi 1S MIUI5?

I did try cleaning cache, cookies, forms, passwords in the browser, but the password on the Wifi - Auto Connect remains there as it is.

here is a screenshot of the login screen with the auto connect option on...

Attachments

• Auto Connect.jpg
    Auto Connect.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 433
Does not work... when I reenable wifi with necessary credentials... the login fields have the earlier id and password... I am talking about the Wifi login screen after connecting to the router successfully...

After using forget network option should be asked for your password again when reconnecting to network

You are doing it wrong. In your wifi config page (the one you attached in your first post) scroll down and hit that big RED button. Then you can set your new password.

nope no use... Waxwrong...

Jhon, I guess you are talking on forget network and reloggin into the router... after I do that... it still does not work. this does not reset the password of the autoconnect.

What model of redmi 1s do you have and what is is version? I do not have this auto connect setting on my 1s wcdma running latest v5 firmware

Take a local backup using miui backup. Then wipe data cache and then try doing what ever u r doing and check. If all goes well then restore data backup.