How to delete user 999

Mooks

Members
May 23, 2020
Hey guys
Since I tested dual apps for someone here in the forum I have a 2nd user created. And if I want to backup system in twrp before updating new weekly it shows an error cuz of this 2nd user.
I was not able to delete it within miui.
Can someone help me to remove it?is there a way?

I m on Mi10Pro on a weekly from March or so.

Greetings

Tomas

Edit: I installed magisk and granted su rights for a terminal app. But when I want to perform this command "pm remove-user 999" it shows an error

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 Pro mit Tapatalk
12e0130e383db70911a73e3b077a5fa1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,

Before creating a backup in TWRP, make sure you delete "/data/extm" folder with TWRP's File Manager or in Terminal => rm /data/extm -Rf

I don't know if you can avoid the system to recreate this folder, even if you don't use the dual app feature. :)

;)

Reactions: com5984
Hey guys
Since I tested dual apps for someone here in the forum I have a 2nd user created. And if I want to backup system in twrp before updating new weekly it shows an error cuz of this 2nd user.
I was not able to delete it within miui.
Can someone help me to remove it?is there a way?

I m on Mi10Pro on a weekly from March or so.

Greetings

Tomas

Edit: I installed magisk and granted su rights for a terminal app. But when I want to perform this command "pm remove-user 999" it shows an error
Back in January, I downloaded a file 'RMDAD_Remove-dual-apps_data_v0.0.1_040127.zip'. I installed that through TWRP, and although I had deleted some folders, this seemed to tidy everything up. I cannot remember where I got it from, and cannot find it from a search either.

Hello,

Before creating a backup in TWRP, make sure you delete "/data/extm" folder with TWRP's File Manager or in Terminal => rm /data/extm -Rf

I don't know if you can avoid the system to recreate this folder, even if you don't use the dual app feature. :)

;)
Thank you for the hint. I deleted the folder and could do a backup without error 255. But I think the user 999 ist still there.

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 Pro mit Tapatalk

Reactions: com5984
I was able to backup but can someone tell me how to delete user XSpace(999) from eu rom