How to disable HSPA / HSDPA for better battery life

Discussion in 'Question & Answers' started by ashramz, Apr 6, 2011.

1. ashramz

ashramzMembers

Apr 6, 2011
    Hi all,

So here is my little problem.

Before I was using Darky's rom but i wanted to taste a bit the MIUI rom so i installed the RC3. Referring to this thread, i was using the number *#301279# to toggle between HSDPA or 3G, and i have to say that in terms of battery saving it was amazing.

My problem is that this command now makes an error on the MIUI rom and i can't go back to HSDPA, which is a bit frustrating.

I hope somebody have an idea on how to unblock this limitation.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Phil

2. sivilya

sivilyaMembers

Aug 31, 2011
    Hi Phil,

Have you managed to find a solution to that other then to flash the phone with other ROM then switch back to HSDPA and flash MIUI again?

3. cyberstoic

cyberstoicMembers

Apr 20, 2011
    Psychologist
    The Windy City
    Miui has the ability to switch from 2G to 3G within the settings without having to use that code.

Go to:
    Settings > System > Mobile Network Settings > Network Type Selection > Only 2G (Power Saving)

You can turn the HSPA back on by choosing the 3G or automatic setting.

Hope that might help :)

EDIT: Okay, my mistake, sorry, I misunderstood. You aren't wanting to switch from 2G to 3G you are wanting to use 3G without the HSPA+ ?

EDIT 2: I read through that entire thread on XDA, it seems interesting. Some people found big improvements, while others testing it found small improvements. I may play around with this a bit and see what it does for me, if it will work with my nexus and miui.

Share Our Site