How to downgrade my Poco M3

Zecxx

Members
Jun 23, 2021
Hey guys, my poco m3 xiaomi eu version is (12.0.9, coming from xiaomi eu 12.0.6), so after use for a while, i noticed this version have some issue/bug, so can anybody tell me if i can or can't go back to (12.0.6)?

If i can, can tell me how to do it? (Sorry for my bad english) im new to this kind of stuff, really appreciate it if guys can help me

You flash the older version again.
Hopefully, you won't need to format data but you can backup, just in case.

Reactions: Zecxx
You flash the older version again.
Hopefully, you won't need to format data but you can backup, just in case.
Owhh ok, so if im remember correctly, every xiaomi eu rom doesn't have ARB right? Also just go to twrp n flash it right? (Mine was Orangefox recovery) anyway thx for the reply

Yes and yes
Alright, thx u so much, anyway one more question, (sorry for asking so much), do i need to wipe anything? (Like cache/data/internal storage or anything that necessary) sorry for asking again

Downgrading is not heavily documented, but as far as I know :

Cache/Dalvik won't hurt if you do them.
Edit : Poney70 said format data is required

Last edited:
Downgrading is not heavily documented, but as far as I know :

Cache/Dalvik won't hurt if you do them.
And as discussed, hopefully you won't need to format data, but be ready if you bootloop or something.
So there is still a chance that im goin to get bootloop if i try to go back to old version?

*** Backup things before ***

Install previous Stable ROM then use "Format Data" button in "Wipe" menu. Reboot your device and wait. ;)
Ok thx, just want to get rid of this version cuz everytime when i tried to reboot, it just stay at EDL mode, thats way, anyway thx u again

Ok thx, just want to get rid of this version cuz everytime when i tried to reboot, it just stay at EDL mode, thats way, anyway thx u again
But you can try to downgrade to 12.0.8.0 without formatting your data. :)

Question: What's the Android security patch date of 12.0.9.0 (in phone's settings => "Security")?

But you can try to downgrade to 12.0.8.0 without formatting your data. :)

Question: What's the Android security patch date of 12.0.9.0 (in phone's settings => "Security")?
Security update - 2021/5/1
Google Play system update - June 1,2021

Okay, install 12.0.8.0 if you want to try then reboot your device (so without using "Format Data" button in TWRP). ;)
Does 12.0.8.0 still has the reboot issue on poco m3 or not? (Sorry for asking so kuch question)

Okay, install 12.0.8.0 if you want to try then reboot your device (so without using "Format Data" button in TWRP). ;)
Hey wanna ask again, do i need to wipe anything? Like dalvik cache or anything before or after flashing?

No wipe needed but you can wipe Dalvik/cache if you want, it never hurts. ;)
Ok im set, files ready n goin to flash now (v12.0.6.0), in this version i need to format data right? Hopefully it doesn't have ARB