How To Encrypt Mi5 And Root It

Iwin Alin

Members
Jul 11, 2016
Hi.
I have bootloader unlocked.
Latest miui8 installed and rooted.
And my brother that keep stealing my phone to get into my stuff, even if my phone is locked by a pin. He doesn't know the pin but with twrp he can connect to a pc and easely get whatever he wants.
So I need to encrypt my phone and still use TWRP to keep update it and to install SuperSu.

Now my miui is rooted. How cand I encrypt it and decrypt when I use TWRP ?
And is possible to use TWRP on an ecrypted phone? How I get the password to decrypt it from there?

I really need help, guys. thanks

Hi.
I have bootloader unlocked.
Latest miui8 installed and rooted.
And my brother that keep stealing my phone to get into my stuff, even if my phone is locked by a pin. He doesn't know the pin but with twrp he can connect to a pc and easely get whatever he wants.
So I need to encrypt my phone and still use TWRP to keep update it and to install SuperSu.

Now my miui is rooted. How cand I encrypt it and decrypt when I use TWRP ?
And is possible to use TWRP on an ecrypted phone? How I get the password to decrypt it from there?

I really need help, guys. thanks
You Can encrypt it in "Privacy Settings". Then, it should ask you a password to access data when you're using TWRP, but I'm not sure.

sent from my Mi5

You Can encrypt it in "Privacy Settings". Then, it should ask you a password to access data when you're using TWRP, but I'm not sure.

sent from my Mi5
It's ask for my pin, then he ask me if I confirm to encrypt it. So no encryption password shown yet.