How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for devices A/B

Hi bro, Have you success update to 13.0.13 for your MI 11 Ultra? My device also currently on 13.0.12 with fastboot, now I don't know how to update with recovery.
same with me bro. perhaps let's wait for the release of 13.0.13-fastboot version.

same with me bro. perhaps let's wait for the release of 13.0.13-fastboot version.
I just tried with lastest TWRP skkk 3.6.2_12_v5.1_A12-star but update failed as picture attached

Attachments

• CamScanner 08-06-2022 09.43.jpg
    CamScanner 08-06-2022 09.43.jpg
    774.6 KB · Views: 217
That meant TWRP for A11 or A12.

I think you can flash the ROM on your current TWRP.
But there's nothing stopping you from updating or booting to a newer TWRP first.
I have tried with lastest skkk twrp v5.1_A12 but update failed on my MI 11 Ultra as picture, currently xiaomi.eu rom 13.0.12 fastboot, can you help me?

Attachments

• CamScanner 08-06-2022 09.43.jpg
    CamScanner 08-06-2022 09.43.jpg
    774.6 KB · Views: 135
I have tried with lastest skkk twrp v5.1_A12 but update failed on my MI 11 Ultra as picture, currently xiaomi.eu rom 13.0.12 fastboot, can you help me?

TWRP update shows error 1 / can not mount system ...
- this error can occur if you try the update with updater app or if you started TWRP manually
- Solution:
-> while you are in TWRP reboot your device in recovery mode
-> try to install the rom again
-> if it will fail, reboot in recovery again
-> or use "fastboot boot twrp.img" again
-> sometimes you need more then one try
-> if it will not work choose another twrp version

I just successfully installed the Xiaomi.EU Stable ROM SKACNXM-13.0.13 using TWRP.

I don't use Extended memory (12 GB+3GB) on the phone (12GB are enough) cause I heard that sometimes extended memory makes troubles while using TWRP.

I used newest TWRP version [BOOT]3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v5.1_A12-star-skkk_8f73ce5e for my Mi 11 Ultra, downloaded from here
(After downloading I checked the MD5 checksum - I think it's a necessary step to make sure that downloaded file is not broken).

I had downloaded the ROM SKACNXM-13.0.13 directly to the smartphone via the updater and then checked the SH1 and MD5 checksum. The checksum matched also the download Rom file from the website:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv13/

I didn't restart to Recovery via Updater.
I restarted to TWRP via extended Power menu (can be enabled in developer options) When I restart phone I have 3 options: Restart, Restart to Fastboot, Restart to Recovery.

My previous version of TWRP was 3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v3.7.
From this TWRP version I updated directly to TWRP version [BOOT]3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v5.1 by flashing it to Recovery_Ramdisk.

(If someone hasn't TWRP for A12 already installed, TWRP can't directly installed for Mi 11 Ultra. It must be booted temporarily first via Fastboot Mode and when it is started and the settings are done it can be flashed to Recovery_Ramdisk and then phone should be restarted to Recovery after)

After flashing TWRP I restarted the phone from TWRP into Recovery (TWRP) again instead of restarting to systém.
(I think it is also an important step after starting into TWRP from system - to boot again TWRP directly from TWRP with Restart Recovery, like @katerpanne described here before flashing a Rom or another zip file)

After that, using the new TWRP, I selected the Rom zip and flashed it. The process went smoothly without any error message. I only updated, which means I didn't do format data. But I cleared Dalvik cache before restarting. The reboot took a while and now I'm happy ;)

Flashing TWRP and updating the ROM is very well described (MI 11 Ultra = A/B device) here:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/howto-install-recovery-image.66211/

Thanks @gogocar62 and @katerpanne for the many postings and helpful replies :emoji_thumbsup:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-06-10-01-28-704_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-06-10-01-28-704_com.android.updater.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_2022-08-06-10-03-04-374_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-06-10-03-04-374_com.android.settings.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_2022-08-06-10-37-43-932_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-06-10-37-43-932_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_2022-08-06-11-16-33-249_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-06-11-16-33-249_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 153
My previous version of TWRP was 3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v3.7.
From this TWRP version I updated directly to TWRP version [BOOT]3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v5.1 by flashing it to Recovery_Ramdisk.

(If someone hasn't TWRP for A12 already installed, TWRP can't directly installed for Mi 11 Ultra. It must be booted temporarily first via Fastboot Mode and when it is started and the settings are done it can be flashed to Recovery_Ramdisk and then phone should be restarted to Recovery after)

Here i am! ::D

I have one of the first modified editions of TWRP for Android 11...

Can you better explain me the steps that you need to do to properly "update" TWRP with the new version "[BOOT]3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v5.1".. thanks!

with skkk's "[BOOT]" TWRP v5.1 for Mi 11 Ultra, I permanently install recovery ONLY with this process, right?
For devices with A/B partitions, yes.:
TWRP (BOOT) can only be run or installed in a recovery RamDisk.
TWRP (REC-BOOT) can be run but also installed in a dedicated partition. (example: Xiaomi 12 / 12 Pro).

Wasn't it supposed to permanently install itself automatically after installing the MIUI 13 ROM?

Yes, after installing the recovery ROM, TWRP remains permanently.

I have installed TWRP via fastboot. Then flashed the ROM. I have managed to install in to Ramdisk and also I have not wiped or formatted. Will wipe and format delete photos, numbers, messages etc?

Sorry but I don't understand the question.
You may be asking what happens when you do "Format Data"?

Format Data will erase all user data (settings, installed apps, songs, photos, all files in the storage) and format the storage.
(The phone will go into a state as if you turned it on for the first time, but with the current ROM installed.)

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't understand the question.
You may be asking what happens when you do "Format Data"?

Format Data will erase all user data (settings, installed apps, songs, photos, all files in the storage) and format the storage.
(The phone will go into a state as if you turned it on for the first time, but with the current ROM installed.)
Thanks. Yes now I understood. I have not been formatting the phone but only wiping Dalvik when I upgrade each ROM. I also did not manage to install the TWRP to Ramdisk. I can't seem to find TWRP in recovery when I copied the file through Recovery. What do I do? Thanks

Goodnight!
Do you know if there is for the MI 11 Light 5G (Renoir) the TWRP recovery for A12?

After months, your guide still remains the best for clarity and simplicity!

Thanks again @gogocar62

Only question:
Are the links for ADB Fastboot drivers and TWRP Toolkit updated? Then I will proceed with your guide to upgrade my Mi 11 Ultra from MIUI 13 to stable 14.

Reactions: gogocar62
There is nothing to update in TWRP_toolkit. Only you always put the required TWRP in it.
Thanks againt!! ;)

Really, one last question:
How can I copy files from my PC when I am inside TWRP?
Do I need to enable something in particular inside the TWRP settings?

You don't need to set anything. After booting TWRP, you connect your device to your PC, that's it.

If you did "Format Data" you need to start the system to connect and then go back to TWRP.
For that reason, it is better to do "format Data" only after installing the ROM.

Reactions: JakSpoon
Hi, I just followed the guide to install from xiaomi.eu 13.0.13 to xiaomi.eu14.0.6.0 (MI11Ultra / star).

However, since its not a new install but just an upgrade from a prev xiaomi.eu version, I just did a regular wipe data, not a full format.

Everything seemed good, no errors in twrp, but for some reason Im now stuck in an infinite boot (mi logo showing with the three dotts lighting up).
After ~30mins it automatically reboots into TWRP again.

I tried installing the image again, but nothing changed.

Any chance I get out of this without whiping everything?
Is there an error log somewhere so I can see what went wrong?

Help is massively appreciated!

Edit: I reinstalled 13.0.13, then installed 14.0.6.0 via the updater app, now it seems to be working.
Some settings are gone (fingerprint disabled for example), but all in all seems fine now.

Last edited:
Hello, I will install twrp on the device with global rom for the first time and switch to miui 14. With this twrp toolkit, will only the screen pin be enough after logging into twrp? I want to know if I will have to format data to decrypt it or not. Can someone enlighten?