How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for devices A/B

If you are switching from Global ROM to xiaomi.eu ROM, you must do "Format Data" after installing the ROM. If you do not do this, the phone will not boot into the system.

Hi! im really not sure what method is the correct one...ive got a Mi11, open bootloader, twrp and latest Global stable ROM (14.0.1.0) installed. Now i would like to switch to latest xiaomi.eu stable ROM. So what is the correct sequence?
copy xiaomi ROM to internal memory, boot into twrp, install ROM and then wipe ->Format Data, boot into system -> hurray everything is fine (xiaomi.eu ROM is running) ?
or
boot into twrp, wipe -> Format Data, copy xiaomi ROM to internal memory (here im not sure if my phone found my internal memory), install ROM, boot into system -> hurray everything is fine (xiaomi.eu ROM is running) ?

can anyone help me?

copy xiaomi ROM to internal memory, boot into twrp, install ROM and then wipe ->Format Data, boot into system -> hurray everything is fine (xiaomi.eu ROM is running)

Hi, since the last flash of a smartphone on the Mi Max 2 was a few years ago, I am currently stuck flashing.

So the bootloader is open, I go into fast boot and boot into TWRP via the TWRP Toolkit.

I want to select the ROM there, but I can't find it.

Storage is set to 0 MB. I cannot change to a USB stick either.

How do I get the ROM flashed now?

You have not provided any relevant information.
- What device?
- What TWRP did you use?
- What ROM are you trying to install?

I thought when I went in the thread for the Mi 11 / Pro / Ultra / Lite / 11TPro that I didn't need to mention this specifically as the procedure is the same for all the devices listed, so it doesn't matter.

But well .... it's about the Mi 11 Pro.

But I am now one step further, as it was probably the recovery.

I first had twrp-3.7.0_11-0-mars. which is probably a bit older than I just saw.

I have now just used twrp-3.7.0_12-v7.7_A13-mars-skkk, which at least showed me the internal memory.

Now I wanted to do a "Wipe Data" before the flash, but I didn't think about the fact that the image would then be gone again.

Now I have to see how I can get it back onto the mobile phone, because it is not displayed as a data medium under Windows ... for whatever reason.

And USB OTG, as I used to do, doesn't work either, because it doesn't even show me the stick.

I see ... and I wanted to flash the current Xiaomi.eu stable.

Why don't you follow the instructions in the manual ? You are not supposed to do any "wipe data"!
Reboot the phone into the system and repeat the procedure according to the instructions.
- reboot system
- boot into TWRP
- copy the ROM to the device
- install ROM
- Format Data / Yes
- Reboot system
- Done

Because why THIS!

1683380013169.png

So why are you asking in the thread of my instructions when you follow another one? Do not mix different procedures.
Different facilities have specific procedures.

The procedure you refer to is general. However, the procedure differs for different devices and TWRP functionality.
For that reason, here is a step-by-step guide.

edit:
If you use the Stable version for your model, you must install it using the recovery method. (It is not a Hybrid ROM)
If you use the Weekly version, you can also install it using the fastboot method. (It's a Hybrid ROM)

Reactions: JakSpoon and JiaiJ
For the life of me, I can't get my 11 Ultra to show its internal display on Windows, hence I can't transfer the ROM file. Spending hours on this now, without success. I tried adb push rom.zip /sdcard but it fails with "No space left on device" error. Fine, tried pushing it into /data, doesn't work either, it progresses to 100% then comes back with a skipped message. Tried sideloading, which started to load the ROM and then failed with a "Failed to flash cust partition" error because it tries to create an existing file under /cache/recovery. What now?

Best Guide! i am doing it for my Xiaomi 12s Ultra. waiting for the 1 week duration now. Gosh, the default MIUI 14 China Rom was the worst OS ever!!! almost everyone that bought xiaomi custom their rom these days.

I have already installed previous weekly succesfully in my 13 Ultra. Now I want to install TWRP so I can do easier OTA updates. Since I have already flashed weekly and I want to install the hybrid recent weekly one now, after successfully flashing ROM from TWRP do I need to wipe data again?
If so I'll follow the standard fastboot method which does not need it because I don't want to wipe data.. So do I need to or not guys? thanks in advance

Neither ROM update nor TWRP installation needs any wipe or data format.
Oh I see better to try TWRP installation then. Maybe I understood the guide wrong.. I thought when switching from weekly to stable it is considered a downgrade thus the need for wipe/format. I read some comments and I saw that it is not mandatory though, so even if I want let's say to move to stable I don't need to wipe data? Thanks again!

• Wow
Reactions: gogocar62
Oh I see better to try TWRP installation then. Maybe I understood the guide wrong.. I thought when switching from weekly to stable it is considered a downgrade thus the need for wipe/format. I read some comments and I saw that it is not mandatory though, so even if I want let's say to move to stable I don't need to wipe data? Thanks again!
It is not "mandatory", but the recommendation is here for a reason. If your phone can't boot or you have random issues after switching, you know where to start.

I have already installed previous weekly succesfully in my 13 Ultra. Now I want to install TWRP so I can do easier OTA updates. Since I have already flashed weekly and I want to install the hybrid recent weekly one now, after successfully flashing ROM from TWRP do I need to wipe data again?
If so I'll follow the standard fastboot method which does not need it because I don't want to wipe data.. So do I need to or not guys? thanks in advance
You wrote that you want to update the weekly ROM to the current weekly ROM.
You didn't write anything about wanting to switch from weekly to stable ROM.
"Format data" is recommended (required) when changing from weekly to stable.

Last edited:
Reactions: orbitech
Hello,

I have a question: I had an Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G with an older Xiaomi.eu weekly rom - maybe Android 11 - don't know, yesterday I updated to

MIUI 14 23.4.17​

as this is the last for this 11 Lite 5G.

It booted up and working, but in TWRP - I tried 3.7.0 and 3.6.0or2 too - I could not see the internal storage, could not mount the system!
Why not, could you help me?

I need to make a link because of AdAway could not write into the /system/etc/hosts but I could not make the link to the /data/data/hosts.

Thank you.

Hello , can i follow the steps written in the first page to use the xiaomi.eu for poco x5 , using TWRP method ? im a total noob so i need to check first

If there is a working TWRP for your model then yes. You can use "fastboot method" to install xiaomi.eu ROM.

If there is a working TWRP for your model then yes. You can use "fastboot method" to install xiaomi.eu ROM.
And how do i know that please ? i open the TWRP page you linked in the first post , and it has so many links , the latest being called (( fleur )) , and inside of it are 4 items :
OrangeFox-R12.1-Unofficial-fleur.zip
PBRP-fleur-4.0-20230811-0528-OFFICIAL.zip
twrp-3.7.0_12-1-fleur-TeamWin.img
OrangeFox-R11.1_0-Unofficial-fleur.zip

Which of them to download ? should i download the files in this (( fleur )) part or not ?

Also , in the part where you say to install script according to my device type , i find that my device is there already , here as shown in picture

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 76
Your device is Redwood. You cannot use TWRP for other devices.
fleur = Redmi Note 11s / Poco M4 Pro

sorry i was searching , i dont know which is for poco x5 pro in that page , or do you mean that i NEED redwood in that page , in this case , it isnot there , so what to do then ?

Yes, you need TWRP designed for Redwood. If TWRP is not available, use the "fastboot method" to install the ROM.