How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi K40 / Poco F3

I'm getting an error 'Error installing zip file '/sdcard/xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.7.14_v12-11.zip' on Step 8.

Installation instructions xiaomi.eu for Redmi K40 / Poco F3

1- Update the ROM to the latest first using the updater.
2- Unlock the bootloader

[youtube]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

3 -Download the ROM
WEEKLY - https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/21.7.14/
STABLE - https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=321331

4 - Insert the downloaded ROM into the phone's storage
5 - - Connect the phone to the PC in fastboot mode
6 - Run TWRP via the Fastboot toolkit

Unzip the downloaded toolkit and click RUN_TWRP.bat to run it

7- Enter the "password / PIN / pattern" of the screen lock on request

8 - Install rom

card / install
View attachment 37956

find the required ROM in the repository
View attachment 37957

run the installation - swipe to confirm Flash
View attachment 37958

when the installation is complete, select the house navigation key

- Do it Format Data
card / wipe
View attachment 37959

Format Data
View attachment 37960

Enter Yes to confirm the format
View attachment 37961

when formatting is complete, the phone restarts the system

- DONE
wait for the system to start, the first boot may take longer.

After installing the ROM, TWRP remains permanently

Hi everyone,

My 7 day wait for bootloader unlock will expire soon and this will be my very first time flashing a ROM.
I have a Poco F3 on 12.5.3.0 RKHEUXM (EEA) ROM at the moment.

I want to ask if the instructions on the first post are still correct? I plan to download the weekly version from the link in 1st post and follow instructions exactly. So if anyone can tell me if these instructions are still up-to-date, that would be great.

Also, will I be able to just update to new versions of weekly ROM like the official ROM? A notification appears and I press update on phone or do I need to download from here and re-flash every time?

Sorry for stupid questions, it's my first time and don't want to break my phone.
Thanks

Yes, the instructions are up to date.
You will receive updates to your phone (OTA). It notifies you of the announcement as in the official ROM.

Reactions: Poney70
Yes, the instructions are up to date.
You will receive updates to your phone (OTA). It notifies you of the announcement as in the official ROM.

Thanks so much for the fast reply. You're legend!!
I have less than 3hrs left on the timer for the bootloader unlock. Hopefully I'll finish flashing tonight.

The instructions are excellent. Successfully flashed EU ROM on my phone now.
Hopefully, my final question, do I need to backup before OTA update? will it delete all my data?

So in rar file you basically automated the procedure of opening cmd , typing fastboot flash boot.... etc etc , right ?

Hi all, I recently downloaded the OTA update 12.5.5 for my POCO F3 after being on the stable xiaomieu 12.5.4 ROM. After it finished downloading I clicked on the link within the updater, which sent me to TWRP. I used my pattern unlock to decrypt data and flashed the 12.5.5 update, but after rebooting it just sends me to fastboot. I go back to TWRP and it says OS is not installed.

What did I do wrong here? Do I have to "Format Data" after the OTA update as well, meaning my data is lost after every update? The only thing I can think of is that I need to wipe data after flashing the OTA update, just like the "first installation" process.

Edit: After flashing OTA update in TWRP, I did a normal "wipe" not the "Format Data" and was able to reboot without data loss. Still a bit confused, but I suppose... that works?

Last edited:
Hi all, I recently downloaded the OTA update 12.5.5 for my POCO F3 after being on the stable xiaomieu 12.5.4 ROM. After it finished downloading I clicked on the link within the updater, which sent me to TWRP. I used my pattern unlock to decrypt data and flashed the 12.5.5 update, but after rebooting it just sends me to fastboot. I go back to TWRP and it says OS is not installed.

What did I do wrong here? Do I have to "Format Data" after the OTA update as well, meaning my data is lost after every update? The only thing I can think of is that I need to wipe data after flashing the OTA update, just like the "first installation" process.

Edit: After flashing OTA update in TWRP, I did a normal "wipe" not the "Format Data" and was able to reboot without data loss. Still a bit confused, but I suppose... that works?

you should have been able to update without wiping anything.

I usually dl on m pc, copy to phone, boot twrp, and flash.

Cant really speak about the OTA.

Im on stable so manually updating is not a big deal every 2 months or so.

Quick side question... Im not sure if i have an issue or issue with rom. Do you use dual apps? If so, are you able to browse our dual app storage with the file manager app?

Hello,

I flashed a custom rom on my poco F3, after that i wanted to return on official eu global rom.
I tryed your solution, everything was just fine, and after the flash the phone stay on the MIUI logo...

Any solution ?

Thank you

This guide is for installing the xiaomi.eu custom ROM, not the Global ROM.

Global ROM is installed using Miflash

you should have been able to update without wiping anything.

I usually dl on m pc, copy to phone, boot twrp, and flash.

Cant really speak about the OTA.

Im on stable so manually updating is not a big deal every 2 months or so.

Quick side question... Im not sure if i have an issue or issue with rom. Do you use dual apps? If so, are you able to browse our dual app storage with the file manager app?
After installing version 12.5.5 thanks to the wonderful guide from @gogocar62 I find myself with doubts before updating to 12.5.6.
I have downloaded the new version of the rom to the computer and I have transferred it to the internal memory of the phone...
Since I meet people who apply it from twrp directly and do not do any wipe, other people have problems and perform a dalvik wipe after applying the update, other people do it by selecting the update package from "my device"...
What is the correct method to apply it? Do you need that dalvik wipe before rebooting?

After installing version 12.5.5 thanks to the wonderful guide from @gogocar62 I find myself with doubts before updating to 12.5.6.
I have downloaded the new version of the rom to the computer and I have transferred it to the internal memory of the phone...
Since I meet people who apply it from twrp directly and do not do any wipe, other people have problems and perform a dalvik wipe after applying the update, other people do it by selecting the update package from "my device"...
What is the correct method to apply it? Do you need that dalvik wipe before rebooting?

Just flash and reboot system, do not do anything else. give it time, sometimes takes a little longer too boot.

Can you test if you have the file manager dual storage problem i have as well? 12.5.6 did not fix it for me.

Reactions: Pacodark
Just flash and reboot system, do not do anything else. give it time, sometimes takes a little longer too boot.

Can you test if you have the file manager dual storage problem i have as well? 12.5.6 did not fix it for me.
I don't use dual apps and I use MIXplorer as the default manager with which I can't help you...

Just registered an account to say thank you. This is my first flash and this guide is very helpful.

Two things I had to improvise:
  1. The TWRP toolkit link at the beginning of this thread was down (now fixed) when I was doing the flash, so I had to download Nebrassy's TWRP mentioned at #88 and run fastboot boot TWRP-3.5.2-alioth-Nebrassy.img to get in TWRP.
  2. I didn't know how to get to the directory of the ROM zip file in internal storage using TWRP, so I had to use adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.6.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11.zip /sdcard/ to be able to find it.
Overall, the process was smooth. Thanks so much!

1) link fixed
2) You didn't follow the procedure. Insert the ROM into the phone first and then start TWRP

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2021-08-22 203253.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2021-08-22 203253.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 212
Some one have tried to activate unlock by bluetooth device o have one honor band 5 but when I go to the settings the device do not show anything

Sent from my M2012K11AC using Tapatalk
c61035f025c580d2e013b25f071bf38e.jpg

My bad, wrong forum