How To Re-install Miuigallery?

Mr.Tokich

Members
Feb 15, 2016
My phone is Xiaomi Mi4c. I have uninstalled lot of stock Miui apps, but I was told that uninstalling MiuiGallery and MiuiVideo was a mistake. So I wanted to re-install them. I got the following advice:

1. Download a rom for your phone (zip format)
2. Open zip archive using 7zip or other program
3. Go to system\app and copy folder MiuiVideo
4. Go to system\priv-app and copy folder MiuiGallery
5. Copy folders to phone
6. Open Root Explorer or other file explorer on your phone
7. Copy MiuiVideo folder to system/app
8. Set this permissions for MiuiVideo folder: rwxr-xr-x (See attachment)
9. Set this permissions for MiuiVideo.apk: rw-r-r (see attachment)
10. Same thing with Gallery, only difference is that you need to copy MiuiGallery folder to system/priv-app

It worked for MiuiVideo, but it doesnt work for MiuiGallery. I get the following message when I try it:

054825fpi6ipn45o44np8i.png.thumb.jpg

After thta I read that I dont need to manually install it, that I just need to copy it to system/priv-ap and reboot the phone, but nothing happens.

Is there any other solution?

What happens if I re-flash ROM? My phone is rooted and Im using xiaomi.eu_multi_libra_6.1.28_v7-5.1

Do I keep all my data and apps? Can I lose any data or personal settings? Do I reflash it via updater or via TWRP?

The main problem I have becuase I deleted MiuiGallery is - the images i added to contacts are not showing when Im calling a contact or receiving a call from that contact..

My phone is Xiaomi Mi4c. I have uninstalled lot of stock Miui apps, but I was told that uninstalling MiuiGallery and MiuiVideo was a mistake. So I wanted to re-install them. I got the following advice:

It worked for MiuiVideo, but it doesnt work for MiuiGallery. I get the following message when I try it:

054825fpi6ipn45o44np8i.png.thumb.jpg

After thta I read that I dont need to manually install it, that I just need to copy it to system/priv-ap and reboot the phone, but nothing happens.

Is there any other solution?

What happens if I re-flash ROM? My phone is rooted and Im using xiaomi.eu_multi_libra_6.1.28_v7-5.1

Do I keep all my data and apps? Can I lose any data or personal settings? Do I reflash it via updater or via TWRP?

The main problem I have becuase I deleted MiuiGallery is - the images i added to contacts are not showing when Im calling a contact or receiving a call from that contact..
The first simple attempt is still install the ROM with TWRP. You do not lose any data

Yeah, I re-flashed ROM, the Gallery is now there, but I still cannot see contact photos when Im getting or receiving a call.

And no one on this forum and the main Xiaomi forum doesnt know why.

Yeah, I re-flashed ROM, the Gallery is now there, but I still cannot see contact photos when Im getting or receiving a call.

And no one on this forum and the main Xiaomi forum doesnt know why.
Try looking, Settings, System Applications, Contacts, Detailed View

You dont understand me :)

I can see the contact photos when Im in contacts, but when a contact calls me or when I call that contact, my phone doesnt show the picture assigned to that contact. But when I enter the contacts, the picture is there.