[HOW TO] recover Mi 10 Ultra broken by last weekly update

pellaaa

Members
Oct 31, 2020
If your Mi 10 Ultra is apparently bricked after last (failed) weekly update and is not booting anymore and twrp doesn't decrypt internal storage don't panic your data is not gone. Just download previous weekly update, put it on a usb drive and flash it from twrp trough OTG. Phone revived

Last edited:
I have the same problem as you, I found a solution : I install the previous update via usb-otg option on TWRP
( As a french my English is not great)

Reactions: Poney70
I have the same problem as you, I found a solution : I install the previous update via usb-otg option on TWRP
( As a french my English is not great)
yeah so do i!! i am updating post for other users.. damn man i was freaking out.. i was so scared to loose months of data and pictures

If your Mi 10 Ultra is apparently bricked after last (failed) weekly update and is not booting anymore and twrp doesn't decrypt internal storage don't panic your data is not gone. Just download previous weekly update, put it on a usb drive and flash it from twrp trough OTG. Phone revived

How do you do it.. I feel lost honestly..? I don't know which one is weekly or anything please help me!!! T_T

Reactions: ToneLa

Thx. Successfully recovered my phone :D

Reactions: ToneLa
I have TWRP already. I don't know if this one or not.. But it is for Mi10 Pro..
But the 3rd step.. How to do it? I am downloading the ROM from your link now.

That should be the one.

From within TRWP select "Install Image" and then select USB-OTG. Additionally you will need an USB-Stick which is formated with exFAT or FAT32 which contains the ROM and an USB-C to USB-A adapter and insert it in USB-C slot of the MI 10 Ultra.

Reactions: Ibrahim bahakim
no is not thats the old one... download the most recent one from here and update trough included .bat

That should be the one.

From within TRWP select "Install Image" and then select USB-OTG. Additionally you will need an USB-Stick which is formated with exFAT or FAT32 which contains the ROM and an USB-C to USB-A adapter and insert it in USB-C slot of the MI 10 Ultra.
Can not I do it from the PC itself??

EDIT: I am trying to find any USB stick at home lmao
I really hope if I could just do it from my PC. Regardless thanks everyone really! I thought I f'd u my main phone

Last edited:
no is not thats the old one... download the most recent one from here and update trough included .bat

I see two files. Which one is it?

TWRP-3.4.2B-1208-XIAOMI10ULTRA-CN-wzsx150-fastboot.zip
or

xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-twrp3.4.2b-recovery-20.8.31.zip

EDIT: I installed the first one it works.
Now just want to install the ROM :S

Last edited:
Reactions: biscoot
Anyway, thanks for this HOW-TO thread. I have restored my phone with the OTG method.

Bit disappointed in the Xiaomi.eu team sending out a bricky update, but that comes with the territory and overall I love this ROM so I'm just glad to have my phone back.

Recovery worked ("re-install previous ROM "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_21.4.28_v12-11" via USB-OTG)! So I dismiss this latest update for my MI 10 Ultra. But how to proceed with the next updates? Will it happen again (if this is predictible...)? What was exactly the issue (maybe I overloooked the item description)? Thanks for all helpful hints for the recover and any tips to prevent events like this increasing my blood pressure...

Anyway, thanks for this HOW-TO thread. I have restored my phone with the OTG method.

Bit disappointed in the Xiaomi.eu team sending out a bricky update, but that comes with the territory and overall I love this ROM so I'm just glad to have my phone back.
Seriously?
Our update is 100% safe. The TWRP you're using is what's bricky, and it'll be pointless to explain to you the technical details, as you only seem interested in pointing fingers on the easier target.
You expect us to predict certain old TWRP incompatibility with Android 11 binaries? How, with witchcraft?
Not our fault that your device has only one outdated TWRP release, make a proper Android 10-based TWRP and you'll see that you're "barking up the wrong tree".

... But how to proceed with the next updates? Will it happen again (if this is predictible...)? ...
No, it won't.

... What was exactly the issue (maybe I overloooked the item description)? ...
Your TWRP. We'll have to use older update binary to workaround this nonsense. Devices with TWRP 3.5.X+ don't have any issues.

Seriously?
Our update is 100% safe. The TWRP you're using is what's bricky, and it'll be pointless to explain to you the technical details, as you only seem interested in pointing fingers on the easier target.
You expect us to predict certain old TWRP incompatibility with Android 11 binaries? How, with witchcraft?
Not our fault that your device has only one outdated TWRP release, make a proper Android 10-based TWRP and you'll see that you're "barking up the wrong tree".

No, it won't.

Your TWRP. We'll have to use older update binary to workaround this nonsense. Devices with TWRP 3.5.X+ don't have any issues.

is there any way for the twrp to be updated? or will this remain an issue forever? :(

Seriously?

No, it won't.

Thanks! So which TWRP is exactly the one to be used or the MI 10 Ultra (not that clear to me...) to allow to install the latest update (and further updates)?