[How To] Restore a Google Backup on xiaomi.eu rom

Vercety87

Members
Oct 24, 2018
Hi,

I'm a big fan of xiami.eu rom but one function was missing, the ability to restore google backup like Xiaomi Global Rom.

So after some test I was able to restore an google backup on my phone with xiaomi.eu rom.

Here how to do this:

1. Get three google apps called (GoogleOneTimeInitializer, GoogleRestore, SetupWizard) here an link from my Gdrive.
  2. Copy the three folders into your phone memory into Download folder.
  3. Boot into TWRP and mount System partition.
  4. Launch terminal apps in TWRP.
  5. In terminal app copy the three apps folder into system/priv-app with this command:
    1. mv sdcard/Download/GoogleOneTimeInitializer /system/priv-app
    2. mv sdcard/Download/GoogleRestore /system/priv-app
    3. mv sdcard/Download/SetupWizard /system/priv-app
  6. Now reboot your phone, Google Wizard will be available on first boot.
  7. Restore your google backup.
I do this action at first boot before configuring Xiaomi Wizard, so I only have the Google Wizard after booting.
But after that I have to go into Setting to login into my Xiaomi account.

Enjoy

(Sorry for my english, feel free to ask me more information if it's wasn't clear)

Hello! I have to do this everytime a I upgrade to a new rom version from Xiaomi.eu? I like developers versions, so we have new roms all week...

Hi, yes if you clean flash every week.

In my case I used stable rom, with clean flash. So I do this only about once a month.

I will see if it's possible to make an flashable zip for twrp.

Envoyé de mon MIX 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

I don't think, xiaomi.eu already have gapps.

Do I need to flash this zip after flashing a clean ROM, before rebooting the device? Thanks.

Do I need to flash this zip after flashing a clean ROM, before rebooting the device? Thanks.
I haven't test it but by the past I used the manual method at any time. If the zip works you will see a notification saying "finish the configuration of your device".

I haven't test it but by the past I used the manual method at any time. If the zip works you will see a notification saying "finish the configuration of your device".

These methods doesn't work on my Redmi Note 5, though. I follow every steps on this thread, but nothing happened.

I feel like I'm missing something here.

Does Google cloud account backup not work on some of devices?

Because I've had no issue restoring apps and settings from Google cloud backup on either redmi note 4x or Mi 8 running xiaomi.eu weeklies.
Just used the Google account restore wizard after the initial clean flash.

I feel like I'm missing something here.

Does Google cloud account backup not work on some of devices?

Because I've had no issue restoring apps and settings from Google cloud backup on either redmi note 4x or Mi 8 running xiaomi.eu weeklies.
Just used the Google account restore wizard after the initial clean flash.

Just recently flashed Weekly ROM, and Google Set-Up shown on first boot.

Reactions: pittrich67
same prome to me , xiamo mi 11 (venus) with 13.04. stable Eu, clean install (format) , and factory reset after first install.
restore/backup from google cloud it´s not working.
In my case use TWRP it´s not possible because there it´s not a trusted TWRP for A12.

TWRP is not any longer able to access system folders in 90% of the devices ... you have to use a magisk module or perhaps MIX Explorer is working with Magisk

Reactions: studioworks123