How to root M3 Snapdragon

worstkaaspasta

Members
Apr 19, 2013
Hi all,

Recieved my m3 16GB this week, but there is no root access in the device.
When I go to permissions and then manage root permissions the button in blank, cannot enable root permission.

I flashed the multilang version with root acess enabled but this ROM I find a kind of buggy, strange behaviour occurs sometimes.

So now I a back with the original ROM without root access

Hi, is there any possibility to root the stable version? I need to extract the kernel from the ROM, but I need root access. I made same searches on the web, but found nothing. Thanks

Lol. Extract kernel from the ROM? Why? Why not just download stable version (newer than the version you have) from Xiaomi site?
The kernel is in every rom zip.

I'm not so noob as you think. I have on my mi3 W an issue on long-press when I update the ROM to next Devs' one: the only Kernel that is working is contained into the stable version. Since I have to upgrade to nightlies, I want to extract the kernel from the stable, but since it's difficult to root, I was asking for same advices.

Just install our latest release.. I don't have that issue on my Mi3W...

~Tapatalk~

I'm not so noob as you think. I have on my mi3 W an issue on long-press when I update the ROM to next Devs' one: the only Kernel that is working is contained into the stable version. Since I have to upgrade to nightlies, I want to extract the kernel from the stable, but since it's difficult to root, I was asking for same advices.
Xiaomi offers also stable rom to download.

Wysłane z mojego MI 2

@Acid At the moment there is only stable ROM for the xiaomi mi3 WCDMA. Waiting for the next release.

@ingbrzy I know that it's working on other devices, and this fact make me angry. Unfortunately, my mi3w decided to work fine only with the kernel in the stable version. I've already tried tons of devs, official and unofficial. Every time with full wipe. But the result is always the same: problem with the long press. Since with the stock is perfectly working, I don't want to change my xiaomi. But at the same time I cannot bear to have a xiaomi and have modding problems.

@ZioTestApp - Nexus 7

Follow me on facebook (facebook.com/ziotestapp) / twitter (@ziotestapp)

@Acid At the moment there is only stable ROM for the xiaomi mi3 WCDMA. Waiting for the next release.

@ingbrzy I know that it's working on other devices, and this fact make me angry. Unfortunately, my mi3w decided to work fine only with the kernel in the stable version. I've already tried tons of devs, official and unofficial. Every time with full wipe. But the result is always the same: problem with the long press. Since with the stock is perfectly working, I don't want to change my xiaomi. But at the same time I cannot bear to have a xiaomi and have modding problems.

@ZioTestApp - Nexus 7

Follow me on facebook (facebook.com/ziotestapp) / twitter (@ziotestapp)
Same as mine :oops:

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2