How To Unbrick Mi4s - Question

serg-157

Members
Oct 21, 2016
I had unlocked and rooted Mi4s with miui.eu developer ROMs installed every week. One week ago it said that SuperSU is outdated and asked me, how I want to update it - normally, using Google store, or over TWRP. I choosed TWRP, SuperSU then closed itself and phone was rebooted. After that it stopped booting normally: Mi sign on the black background (not blinking) and that's all (bootloop?). Booting in recovery mode resulted in showing TWRP screen, but touch didn't work. After reinstallation of TWRP via Fastboot mode, it stopped booting even in TWRP recovery. Then I tried to install different versions of TWRP via Fastboot (no result) and different versions of MIUI using EDL and MiFlash (no result). Current state of my device is complete brick: it doesn't boot both in normal mode and recovery mode, constantly showing Mi sign on the black background along with high CPU load (back surface is very hot). In Fastboot mode everything works as expected (it responds to all fastboot commands, loads images, enters EDL mode and can be flashed using MiFlash).
What else can I do? Really appreciate any advice... It's a pity to die so young, if not all modes of a defibrillator were tried and even the direct heart epinephrine injection wasn't made...
Serg

Last edited:
What happens, if you try flashing some stable rom through fastboot? I just had a problem, when I stupidly tried flashing MIUI7 after having the 8 through update and it got the bootloop problem. I could enter fastboot and recovery, so I tried flashing the 8 again, but it worked only on the third time. Firstly fastboot took like 1 second and said flashing done - didn't work. so I wiped all data through recovery, then it took around 30 seconds - still same problem, so I repeated it once more with wipe all and reflash in fastboot and it took about 2 minutes, restarted itself and is running fine now. Does anything sound similar? Maybe trying to flash several times the same thing with wipe inbetween might help.

Reactions: iamme729