How to update from 12.5 to 12.6

s0urce

Members
Jan 27, 2021
Hi there!

I've been using the Xiaomi EU 12.5 for about two months, but now i want to update to 12.6.
I've already downloaded the ROM file but now I don't remember how to flash it, I've read that it was to be a clean flash because they're different versions.
Dow anyone have any guide or can explain more or less how to do it? Do I have to use TWRP or do I need to flash from PC?

Thanks.

Poney70

Donator
Oct 3, 2019
Hello! :)

To clean flash/install a ROM, you can:

Use TWRP => Flash the ROM and go back in main TWRP's menu after ROM installation => Go in "Wipe" menu => Tap on "Format Data" button => Type "yes" to confirm => After that, go back in main TWRP's menu => Go in "Recovery" menu => "System"

;)

Vyto-Khron

Members
Dec 13, 2020

Use TWRP => Flash the ROM and go back in main TWRP's menu after ROM installation => Go in "Wipe" menu => Tap on "Format Data" button => Type "yes" to confirm => After that, go back in main TWRP's menu => Go in "Recovery" menu => "System"

;)
Is clean flash mandatory? Can I dirty flash from february 12.5 to april 12.6?

k4doo

Members
Aug 20, 2020

;)
Hi there. Does it matter if we format data before installing the ROM? Because it is mentioned in the every 1st post of stable/weekly thread. Thanks.

Poney70

Donator
Oct 3, 2019
Hi there. Does it matter if we format data before installing the ROM? Because it is mentioned in the every 1st post of stable/weekly thread. Thanks.
Hello, no it doesn't matter. Format data before installing the ROM => You may have an issue to copy the ROM in the internal storage of your phone.

You will never have this issue if you format data after installating the ROM.

:)

k4doo

Members
Aug 20, 2020
Hello, no it doesn't matter. Format data before installing the ROM => You may have an issue to copy the ROM in the internal storage of your phone.

You will never have this issue if you format data after installating the ROM.

:)
After formatting data, i always reboot recovery so as to copy the rom into my phone properly. So, it seems that everything i do during the clean installation is correct as per the instructions and also your explanation. Thanks a lot... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70