How to update from 12.5 to 12.6

s0urce

Members
Jan 27, 2021
Hi there!

I've been using the Xiaomi EU 12.5 for about two months, but now i want to update to 12.6.
I've already downloaded the ROM file but now I don't remember how to flash it, I've read that it was to be a clean flash because they're different versions.
Dow anyone have any guide or can explain more or less how to do it? Do I have to use TWRP or do I need to flash from PC?

Thanks.

Hello! :)

To clean flash/install a ROM, you can:

Use TWRP => Flash the ROM and go back in main TWRP's menu after ROM installation => Go in "Wipe" menu => Tap on "Format Data" button => Type "yes" to confirm => After that, go back in main TWRP's menu => Go in "Recovery" menu => "System"

;)

Use TWRP => Flash the ROM and go back in main TWRP's menu after ROM installation => Go in "Wipe" menu => Tap on "Format Data" button => Type "yes" to confirm => After that, go back in main TWRP's menu => Go in "Recovery" menu => "System"

;)
Is clean flash mandatory? Can I dirty flash from february 12.5 to april 12.6?

;)
Hi there. Does it matter if we format data before installing the ROM? Because it is mentioned in the every 1st post of stable/weekly thread. Thanks.

Hi there. Does it matter if we format data before installing the ROM? Because it is mentioned in the every 1st post of stable/weekly thread. Thanks.
Hello, no it doesn't matter. Format data before installing the ROM => You may have an issue to copy the ROM in the internal storage of your phone.

You will never have this issue if you format data after installating the ROM.

:)

Hello, no it doesn't matter. Format data before installing the ROM => You may have an issue to copy the ROM in the internal storage of your phone.

You will never have this issue if you format data after installating the ROM.

:)
After formatting data, i always reboot recovery so as to copy the rom into my phone properly. So, it seems that everything i do during the clean installation is correct as per the instructions and also your explanation. Thanks a lot... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70