How to update system apps? (Redmi Note 7)

kgvelkov

Members
May 2, 2020
I installed MIUI 11.0.7 to my Redmi Note 7 today, but I have noticed that the option in Settings to update system apps is gone.
My question is, how can I update the built-in apps, such as the Calendar and the Phone app, without that menu? The apps are not available on Google Play.

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu ROM leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
I installed MIUI 11.0.7 to my Redmi Note 7 today, but I have noticed that the option in Settings to update system apps is gone.
My question is, how can I update the built-in apps, such as the Calendar and the Phone app, without that menu? The apps are not available on Google Play.
by updating our ROM.. we always include latest system apps in the ROM..

Reactions: EslamLoka

LOLO9393

Members
Feb 8, 2016
And how is it with roms that no longer have update support? Can I update system apps through recovery?
rom with""no update support" means EU weekly rom! Right?
After you must move to EU Stable that are supported as long as Xiaomi China does it....

cardojack

Members
Jul 8, 2020
rom with""no update support" means EU weekly rom! Right?
After you must move to EU Stable that are supported as long as Xiaomi China does it....
In reality, my mistake. I reached this post through google. I have an RN5, which has EOL status, and will not receive any more updates, as I understand it. Okay with that. But I would like to at least be able to update the system apps, and that applies to any ROM.
I tried to replace the new apk in the system folder with recovery, but when I tried to use the app I received a system notification that system apps cannot be updated.