How to update system apps? (Redmi Note 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgvelkov

Members
May 2, 2020
I installed MIUI 11.0.7 to my Redmi Note 7 today, but I have noticed that the option in Settings to update system apps is gone.
My question is, how can I update the built-in apps, such as the Calendar and the Phone app, without that menu? The apps are not available on Google Play.

I installed MIUI 11.0.7 to my Redmi Note 7 today, but I have noticed that the option in Settings to update system apps is gone.
My question is, how can I update the built-in apps, such as the Calendar and the Phone app, without that menu? The apps are not available on Google Play.
by updating our ROM.. we always include latest system apps in the ROM..

Reactions: EslamLoka
And how is it with roms that no longer have update support? Can I update system apps through recovery?
rom with""no update support" means EU weekly rom! Right?
After you must move to EU Stable that are supported as long as Xiaomi China does it....

rom with""no update support" means EU weekly rom! Right?
After you must move to EU Stable that are supported as long as Xiaomi China does it....
In reality, my mistake. I reached this post through google. I have an RN5, which has EOL status, and will not receive any more updates, as I understand it. Okay with that. But I would like to at least be able to update the system apps, and that applies to any ROM.
I tried to replace the new apk in the system folder with recovery, but when I tried to use the app I received a system notification that system apps cannot be updated.

In reality, my mistake. I reached this post through google. I have an RN5, which has EOL status, and will not receive any more updates, as I understand it. Okay with that. But I would like to at least be able to update the system apps, and that applies to any ROM.
I tried to replace the new apk in the system folder with recovery, but when I tried to use the app I received a system notification that system apps cannot be updated.
Try this, everything is in that file and you can update system appshowever write to my when that's been works

by updating our ROM.. we always include latest system apps in the ROM..
Downloads app (20.10.09.800004) constantly offers to update to a new version from here:
Code:
https://global.developer.xiaomi.com/autoupdate/updateself/download/98d2d6235897ed45c819acadc09cdda001ec3cff9AppStore_0f328d586739c42b73b11706709bf895/com.android.providers.downloads.ui_201021100.apk
but the installer does not allow updating the system app

Downloads app (20.10.09.800004) constantly offers to update to a new version from here:
Code:
https://global.developer.xiaomi.com/autoupdate/updateself/download/98d2d6235897ed45c819acadc09cdda001ec3cff9AppStore_0f328d586739c42b73b11706709bf895/com.android.providers.downloads.ui_201021100.apk
but the installer does not allow updating the system app
Which device and ROM version are you using? Can you make a screenshot of the update proposal dialog?

Which device and ROM version are you using? Can you make a screenshot of the update proposal dialog?
Device: Redmi Note 7
ROM: MIUI 12.3 by xiaomi.eu 20.11.18 beta
Screenshot_2020-11-25-23-17-32-289_com.android.providers.downloads.ui.jpg

Translation:
New version Downloads
Thanks for using the Downloads app! Here is the list of changes in the new version:
1. Fixed all known bugs
2. Improved performance

You can do it with two methods:

1 - The easyest.
You will download and install the google package installer on apkmirror

"Package installer 11-6557492" for android 11
"Package installer 10-6052471" for android 10
"Package installer 9-6243497" if your device are android 9

When you will install the System package over File Manager, the system will ask what package installer you must use, you will select Google package installer.

2- the fastest but not the easyest (but still easy)
Enable ADB options and enable ADB install
Connect your device over USB cable, open the minimal ADB and Fastboot and type:
"adb devices" (to test your device connection and recognition
"adb install your-app.apk" and the magic will starts

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.