How to update xiaomi.eu with TWRP without losing data or TWRP?

SpainAgain

Members
Jan 4, 2023
In the weekly posts are these indications:

" TWRP Recovery TWRP
FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
Copy our ROM to the internal storage
Install our ROM
Reboot
done
Installation via TWRP:
- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery
- Install - Select zip
- Reboot
- Done"

But it does not clarify the steps to follow to update without losing data, apps or the TWRP Recovery itself.

On the internet I can't find a definitive solution, some talk about wiping Devilk only, others about wioe data cache and other processes include several reboots and re-entering TWRP.

Could someone specify, step by step, how to achieve a correct update from xiaomi.eu ? Any website that correctly specifies each process to follow ?

Thank you very much for your time, I hope this post will be useful to many people ! Best regards !

Download the custom ROM on the mobile (can be done through the app 'Update' but will not be installed).
Open TWRP, click install and select the ROM to update, wipe the Devilk/ART Cache folder and reboot.

I hope it will be of help to you!!!

Download the custom ROM on the mobile (can be done through the app 'Update' but will not be installed).
Open TWRP, click install and select the ROM to update, wipe the Devilk/ART Cache folder and reboot.

I hope it will be of help to you!!!
Are you kidding? Installation (update) steps are right there in your opening post:

Installation via TWRP:
- Install - Select zip
- Reboot
- Done

As you can see, don't wipe anything.

Proper tutorial how to install TWRP is here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/installing-a-custom-recovery.67841/

Too less informations. Which version of rom is on your device? Is TWRP installed on it? Only with this informations you can get helpful answers.

Reactions: SpainAgain
Are you kidding? Installation (update) steps are right there in your opening post:

Installation via TWRP:
- Install - Select zip
- Reboot
- Done

Proper tutorial how to install TWRP is here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/installing-a-custom-recovery.67841/
I have read in other forums that before or after you have to. Do wipe cache and Devilk to not have problems with the update?

Too less informations. Which version of rom is on your device? Is TWRP installed on it? Only with this informations you can get helpful answers.
Little information? The question is simple, but I will add more details... How to do a proper update with TWRP without losing any data, just update?
In different pages talk about wipe. Cache and wipe Devilk that's why I have so much doubt. I have the weekly version of Xiaomi.eu and I want to update to a version of three weeks later (the latest).

Installation via TWRP:
- Install - Select zip
- Reboot
- Done

" Installation via TWRP:
- Download zip to internal storage..."

"Installation via TWRP" is not the same as
"Update via TWRP" that's why I have so many doubts.

In TWRP I can't mount the data and it doesn't have decrypted files, the rom doesn't appear and the list of folders that appear (empty) appear with other names than the ones that can be seen in any file explorer.

Then use a more recent recovery which is able to decrypt.
And "Installation via TWRP" is the same as "Update via TWRP".

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-19-15-41-16-070_com.android.camera-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-19-15-41-16-070_com.android.camera-edit.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 149
But does the updating via TWRP ( recovery rom ) work properly with miui 14 (A13) ?

I use miui 14.0.4.0 by xiaomi.eu . the inquiry is can we update to miui.eu 14.0.6.0 recovery rom via twrp_3.7_12 recovery ? especially in (lisa) device.

I use miui 14.0.4.0 by xiaomi.eu . the inquiry is can we update to miui.eu 14.0.6.0 recovery rom via twrp_3.7_12 recovery ? especially in (lisa) device.
Download the latest update from this webz then go to settings, my device, update, go to options (three dots at the top right) and click on select update package, it will automatically enter recovery.

Just update via Updater n booting in twrp/selecting zip
Or
Boot in twrp n select zip.
Don't format/wipe anything. Rom will take care of itself

Just update via Updater n booting in twrp/selecting zip
Or
Boot in twrp n select zip.
Don't format/wipe anything. Rom will take care of itself
You don't need to shut down and boot into twrp, it will update automatically from twrp by entering the options I indicated above. Best regards.

(My device - Version of miui - Options - Select upgrade package)