How update MIU 14 with Android 13 Redmi K50 ULTRA with Global ROM Xiaomi EU

Jerry 7

Members
Feb 26, 2023
Hello, I bought the Redmi K50 Ultra on Aliexpress and the seller already sold it to me with the Xiaomi EU global ROM, with the Xiaomi 12T PRO firmware, he told me that the updates can be done through OTA, I ask if I will receive it on my phone the update to MIUI 14 with Android 13, to download with OTA? Thanks in advance.

From what you wrote, it is not entirely clear whether you have the xiaomi.eu ROM or the Global EEA ROM.

If you have xiaomu.eu ROM:
It depends on which version of ROM and TWRP you have on your device. It is likely that you will have to do the update manually.

Thanks, the version of the EU ROM is V13.0.7.0.SLFCNXM with MIU 13 and Android 12. I don't know what version of the TWRP it is, but the seller told me that the updates will arrive with OTA, I bought the cell phone on the 25th of January 2023.

Yes, you can update via the Update app. What is your problem ?

PS:
If you don't understand phones, I don't understand why you buy a device designed exclusively for the Chinese market.

Hello, thank you very much for your answer, the update has not yet reached the updater, I will wait for it to arrive and if I have a problem I will consult the forum, thank you, I have it clear, have a great day.

The update, thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-26-10-50-44-461_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-26-10-50-44-461_com.android.updater.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 277
Reactions: ce_franck
The update is already available. (If you are from a country that is blocked from accessing the server https://miuipolska.pl/ OTA will not work for you).
Download the ROM to your device / reboot into TWRP / enter your lock screen password / install the ROM.

Attachments

• instalace_ROM.png
    instalace_ROM.png
    426 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Reactions: ce_franck
Thank you, one last question, is that way the information on my phone is not lost? Thanks in advance and sorry for the newbie

If you update correctly, you won't lose any data.
Backing up is always a good idea.

Hello, I already started the update process, but the phone tells me that the device supports multiple updates and that when I started recovery mode I must choose slot A, and in the image you sent me it indicates that it must be system, sorry for the hassle, but I want to know what to do, thank you very much for all your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-03-10-14-52-307_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-03-10-14-52-307_com.android.updater.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_2023-03-03-10-22-56-985_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-03-10-22-56-985_com.android.settings.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 199
You don't understand how that menu works. You reboot the system after the update installs without changing slots as Gogocar62 showed. We don't understand what your issue is. You install the update, and then you reboot system.

Thank you very much, I will do so, the thing is that the ad came out on my cell phone and so as not to make a mistake, I better ask them

Muchas gracias así lo haré, la cosa es que me salió el anuncio en mi celular y para no equivocarme mejor les pregunto
Hello friends, sorry for the inconvenience, and I want to thank you in advance for the support you have given me. I think the Aliexpress seller did not put the TWRP on me or I don't know what happened, because every time I start to go to TWRP it sends me to the Xiaomo 5.0 Factory Recovery, so I ask them if they downloaded the TWRP from the forum and installed it on My cell phone, I will be able to update the Rome I have from Xiaomi.eu with MIUI 13 and Android 12. I show you images, thank you.

Attachments

• IMG-20230308-WA0030[1].jpg
    IMG-20230308-WA0030[1].jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG-20230308-WA0031[1].jpg
    IMG-20230308-WA0031[1].jpg
    37 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_2023-03-03-10-14-52-307_com.android.updater[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-03-10-14-52-307_com.android.updater[1].jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 135
You can also update using the fastboot method.
Installing with Fastboot:
  • Download Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file to PC
  • Extract the ROM zip to a new folder
  • Power off your device
  • Boot your device in Fastboot mode (Hold volume down + power buttons)
  • Connect to PC via USB cable
  • Run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
  • - fastboot_update_rom. - without data wipe, if you're updating from an older Xiaomi.eu ROM.
  • Done!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
f you want to update in TWRP you have to install it.

Reactions: mik101
Hello friends, sorry for the inconvenience, and I want to thank you in advance for the support you have given me. I think the Aliexpress seller did not put the TWRP on me or I don't know what happened, because every time I start to go to TWRP it sends me to the Xiaomo 5.0 Factory Recovery, so I ask them if they downloaded the TWRP from the forum and installed it on My cell phone, I will be able to update the Rome I have from Xiaomi.eu with MIUI 13 and Android 12. I show you images, thank you.
To install TWRP for diting, follow the instructions here:

MIUI 13 roms for that phone are installed from TWRP recovery -- MIUI 14 roms whether stable or weekly are both hybrid roms now and can be installed from a PC with fastboot and not need TWRP at all, or via TWRP recovery.

Gogocar62 and Mik101 thank you very much, I already updated to Miui 14 the way Gogocar said, I will report anything about the ROM to the forum. I ask them if the new ROM that I installed also comes with TWRP since I get this ad on the phone: to be able to ota you need to select whether or not you have twrp installed on your device. Greetings have a great day:D:emoji_clap:

Reactions: mik101
Gogocar62 and Mik101 thank you very much, I already updated to Miui 14 the way Gogocar said, I will report anything about the ROM to the forum. I ask them if the new ROM that I installed also comes with TWRP since I get this ad on the phone: to be able to ota you need to select whether or not you have twrp installed on your device. Greetings have a great day:D:emoji_clap:
Ota isn't working for some devices right now so you may have to click download in the ota section and then reboot to TWRP (it will do it automatically when you click install in the ota updater). Then you'll just click install and select the zip that the updater downloaded and follow the directions on screen. It's not difficult. If you have any issues with the ROM please post feedback in the main threads of the MIUI14 forum (stable or current dev build, depending on which you installed).

Reactions: Birraque
Ota isn't working for some devices right now so you may have to click download in the ota section and then reboot to TWRP (it will do it automatically when you click install in the ota updater). Then you'll just click install and select the zip that the updater downloaded and follow the directions on screen. It's not difficult. If you have any issues with the ROM please post feedback in the main threads of the MIUI14 forum (stable or current dev build, depending on which you installed).
Yes, unfortunately recent TWRPs released by skkk (mid-January) have their OTA functionality broken.
It happens because, for some reason, skkk decided that mounting "rescue" partition as /cache was a great idea, instead of using a symlink to /data/cache, as is the standard. This causes the installation command to never be passed to TWRP, because /cache is not the correct cache.

Yes, unfortunately recent TWRPs released by skkk (mid-January) have their OTA functionality broken.
It happens because, for some reason, skkk decided that mounting "rescue" partition as /cache was a great idea, instead of using a symlink to /data/cache, as is the standard. This causes the installation command to never be passed to TWRP, because /cache is not the correct cache.
Thanks for taking the time to look into that and explain why it is happening Igor.

Ota no funciona para algunos dispositivos en este momento, por lo que es posible que deba hacer clic en descargar en la sección ota y luego reiniciar en TWRP (lo hará automáticamente cuando haga clic en instalar en el actualizador ota). Luego, simplemente haga clic en instalar y seleccione el zip que descargó el actualizador y siga las instrucciones en pantalla. No es dificil. Si tiene algún problema con la ROM, publique comentarios en los hilos principales del foro MIUI14 (versión de desarrollo estable o actual, según la que haya instalado).
Thank you, i will do that, then i'll put yes

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-16-16-20-08-298_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-16-16-20-08-298_com.android.updater.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 91
Hello guys, today I had a surprise with miui EU, a notification appeared to update via OTA!!!, I always update everything with TWRP and wape data.
My question is: My model (RN9s -curtana) does not change to Android 13 in MIUI 14, should I wipe data? Do you recommend that I update via OTA? thanks for the support