[HowTo] Install Fastboot image

Hi, I'm on the Mi 11 Lite 5G and got the installation running without errors, but when the phone restarts, it shows the normal starting screen for a split second and the boots to fastboot (orange letters if that matters). I've tried with MUI13

I've read about twrp but I don't get how to install it properly or if this is even the solution at this point.

Hi, I'm on the Mi 11 Lite 5G and got the installation running without errors, but when the phone restarts, it shows the normal starting screen for a split second and the boots to fastboot (orange letters if that matters). I've tried with MUI13

I've read about twrp but I don't get how to install it properly or if this is even the solution at this point.
please write if you switch from stable to weekly or vice versa, which script did you use, did you uninstall magisk and so on. thx

please write if you switch from stable to weekly or vice versa, which script did you use, did you uninstall magisk and so on. thx
I did not install magisk or anything related on that phone. I just unlocked it, enabled debugging via usb and oem unlock.
Then I tried to install the MUI12 version from this thread with no errors but with the same issues as now. Then tried installing the MUI13 one with again this error. The install went through without any errors.

I use the stable version and ran through the script of this thread.

I did not install magisk or anything related on that phone. I just unlocked it, enabled debugging via usb and oem unlock.
Then I tried to install the MUI12 version from this thread with no errors but with the same issues as now. Then tried installing the MUI13 one with again this error. The install went through without any errors.

I use the stable version and ran through the script of this thread.
if you dont answer my questions I cant help… perhaps you have to format, but I dont know coz of no details. sorry…

Reactions: JiaiJ
The phone was new, no installations made yet. So I tried to install the STABLE fastboot image and I ran the windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat script. I followed these instructions. I did not install any further information but what is told in those instructions to install.

Sorry, but I don't know what further information you need :/

How do you format the phone? I am a total noob on flashing phones

ok i think i made it.

Do I always have to do future updates like this? Or is this only one time ?

Last edited:
Do we really need a windows PC/Laptop to flash fastboot weekly update. Or can I do the same using Macbook?

Does anyone know if TWRP will work if we disabled password/pattern/fingerprint? That way, there is no security required to decrypt the partition.

Does anyone know if TWRP will work if we disabled password/pattern/fingerprint? That way, there is no security required to decrypt the partition.
twrp will fork for some operations… if you want a detailed answer, you have to ask in detail :)

twrp will fork for some operations… if you want a detailed answer, you have to ask in detail :)
I try..

1. Will the backup/restore function work?
2. Will i be able to access all files by mounting it normally? This is important in case i'm unable to boot into the OS.

Reason i'm asking is because im tempted to move to A12, but not willing to sacrifice the lost of backup function and the ability to mount the partition to access the files directly from twrp. But i may be able to sacrifice the security if it can be done :)

I'm still stuck in the fastboot loop. I've tried installing the stable v12 and again v13 for the Mi 11 Lite 5G.
I also cannot get to the recovery mode by pressing volume up + power. When I do this, I also end up in the fastboot screen

I've tried flashing with a stock rom. It seems to flash it correctly as it says success but I'm still stuck in the fastboot loop.

when I look at the device info it prints the following:

Code:
sudo fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader) Verity mode: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: true
OKAY [  0.001s]
Finished. Total time: 0.001s

This seems correct, doesn't it? Or do I need to set verity mode to false?

I would like to update my 11 Lite 5G NE device from stable 12.5.5 to stable 12.5.8. Only fastboot roms are available.
My target is to keep all data on the phone, including photos, installed apps and configurations. I have rooted the phone with Magisk.
If I run the windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat then all the above mentioned data remains?

Reactions: Krankenkassa
After reading this post I don't really want to change from stable to weekly via fastboot because I don't want to format but what caught my attention was deactivating the green microphone, is it possible?

After reading this post I don't really want to change from stable to weekly via fastboot because I don't want to format but what caught my attention was deactivating the green microphone, is it possible?
look under section Here are some hints and solutions for issues:

Reactions: JiaiJ and biscoot
I would like to update my Mi 10 from previous weekly (A12) to the latest (A12 22.2.9). I'm rooted with Magisk and Magisk hide is on.
Before I use the windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat script, do I need to unhide and uninstall Magisk? I would like to do a dirty flash an thus keep my data.

I would like to update my Mi 10 from previous weekly (A12) to the latest (A12 22.2.9). I'm rooted with Magisk and Magisk hide is on.
Before I use the windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat script, do I need to unhide and uninstall Magisk? I would like to do a dirty flash an thus keep my data.
I would suggest it… sometimes the modules are not compatible and your device will not reboot.

Hello there, I've got a weird problem and can't seem to fix it.

I was on MIUI12.5 on my Poco F3 and wanted to start clean, so I wiped the usual and reinstalled the 12.5 via TRWP, then setup the system once and then loaded up the MIUI13 via fastboot.

Everything working now, except that if I install extra Apps (new browser, youtube, and so on) I never get asked for the usual "Which app to open X with", I can set them as a default in system settings, but I can't set a second app this way to work with some different files / links.

I then tried reflashing MIUI13 with the windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat but it actually didn't seem to erase my data (checking the .bat in notepad showed that it erases Metadata .. what exactly is that? never seen that in my TRWP on 12.5)

Anyways is this maybe a known MIUI problem as of MIUI13? Or am I doing something totally wrong here and don't notice it?

thanks for this. worked a treat on the mi 11 ultra. Regarding the ota updating, how or when does that come back. Do I need to update twrp or something?