[HowTo] Install Recovery image

I am using mi 11 lite 5g ne (lisa) after ı write fastboot boot twrp.img it says ok but twrp is not booting and device is turning off itself . How can I solve this?
wich version do you use ? tell us the filename. for lisa you have to use arangefox

look here

or here

Last edited:
wich version do you use ? tell us the filename. for lisa you have to use arangefox

look here

or here
I tried twrp-3.6.0_11-0-lisa.img and ı am using 13.0.2.0 stable eu rom now ı will try orangefox

Hey!
I'm doing it on a Poco F3, latest twrp, latest stable rom downloaded, already on the phone. But when I'd start installing twrp, it says permission denied. What could be the problem? I have pin, and fingerprints on. Maybe delete the fingerprints?

Hey!
I'm doing it on a Poco F3, latest twrp, latest stable rom downloaded, already on the phone. But when I'd start installing twrp, it says permission denied. What could be the problem? I have pin, and fingerprints on. Maybe delete the fingerprints?
permission denied ??? please write in detail what you did and what twrp filename do you use… thx

Couple of hopefully quick questions:
I just received Mi 11 Pro (Mars, I believe). It's a China device with global 13.0.2 Stable (SKAMIXM) installed (Android 12). It's an A/B device.
First question, can I safely go from 13.0.2.0 to EU 13 Stable? I haven't found anything so far that indicates the exact version EU 13 Stable is based on, and I'm aware that a downgrade can brick.
Second question, which version of TWRP do I need? I had downloaded the TeamWin version in preparation, but reading this thread it sounds as if that might not work on Android 12?

Edit: I seem to be down a bit of a rabbit hole regarding the flashing of TWRP. The one I downloaded is prefixed with [BOOT], but the readme starts with a warning not to flash any img files to the boot partition, followed by instructions to do just that. My goal is to permanently flash TWRP, but at the moment I have no idea how to flash to recovery ramdisk.

Edit2: I'm now thinking, since my device has a fastboot ROM, that I don't need TWRP at all, and I can just flash using the script bundled with the ROM?

Last edited:
Hi, first of all thank you for this great guide. I installed the latest poco f3 rom(13.0.7.0...) and also installed recovery ramdisk, but still I cant check for updates on my phone. if I click on the miui-version in phone-settings, then nothing happens. Is this normal or did I miss something?

Hi, first of all thank you for this great guide. I installed the latest poco f3 rom(13.0.7.0...) and also installed recovery ramdisk, but still I cant check for updates on my phone. if I click on the miui-version in phone-settings, then nothing happens. Is this normal or did I miss something?
Can you try this ....

Another Info

Perhaps you are up to date, can you send a screenshot for a better understanding ?

Hi, I have a Redmi K30 Pro Zoom. I'm on Android 11 and Xiaomi EU 12.5.7. I have a TWRP installed already but my current TWRP doesn't support Xiaomi EU Miui 13 installation via recovery.

How do I update my TWRP and what version of TWRP should I update to (that also works on Android 11) in order to successfully install Xiaomi EU Miui 13 stable?

Hi, I have a Redmi K30 Pro Zoom. I'm on Android 11 and Xiaomi EU 12.5.7. I have a TWRP installed already but my current TWRP doesn't support Xiaomi EU Miui 13 installation via recovery.

How do I update my TWRP and what version of TWRP should I update to (that also works on Android 11) in order to successfully install Xiaomi EU Miui 13 stable?
Please no double posts .... I have already answered here

What is recovery image? I have drivers, have the rom I want to download. Maybe there is a video guide I can use? I'm on Poco f3, and would like to get the latest xiaomi.eu, but I'm struggling a bit with instaling twrp.

First install of xiaomi.eu ROM.

If you only update from xiaomi.eu to xiaomi.eu, you will skip the "Data format".

First install of xiaomi.eu ROM.

If you only update from xiaomi.eu to xiaomi.eu, you will skip the "Data format".
I have fastboot rom now. Somehow I managed to put it on a couple of months ago. The problem is, that with the tutorials I see, I don't get how they get there. Like, should I make a separate folder, and put the drivers in it, etc. I try the orangefox twrp. I see that the guide you linked, doesn't look like that, so I can't install the toolkit. Okay, It happened! :D Now the rom is installing.

Last edited:
When trying to install the new ROM I get this: assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions (pakage_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list")).... and in red letters the following: uptader process ended with ERROR:1error installing zip file xiaomi.eu...(lel file name zip) ,How can I change from twrp, when I restart the system or turn it off, it tells me that there is no OS, ¿are you sure? , its a redmi note 10 , thanks​

Attachments

• 314499695_507042041473599_1251662905858931346_n.jpg
    314499695_507042041473599_1251662905858931346_n.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
When trying to install the new ROM I get this: assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions (pakage_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list")).... and in red letters the following: uptader process ended with ERROR:1error installing zip file xiaomi.eu...(lel file name zip) ,How can I change from twrp, when I restart the system or turn it off, it tells me that there is no OS, ¿are you sure? , its a redmi note 10 , thanks​
its mentioned on page one…
TWRP update shows ERROR: 1 / can not mount system ...
- this error can occur if you try the update with updater app or if you started TWRP manually
- Solution:
-> while you are in TWRP reboot your device in recovery mode
-> try to install the rom again
-> if it will fail, reboot in recovery again
"reboot recovery" means to restart TWRP Recovery from TWRP "Restart - Recovery"
-> sometimes you need more then one try

Other workarounds
-> start TWRP - wait 20seconds - install rom
-> if it will not work choose another twrp version
-> system partition setting RW in the TRWP options
-> twrp->Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data->Repair File system

I'm sorry if this is already discussed somewhere, but I can't read through everything in detail.
Today I've tried installing the recovery image (MIUI 13 stable) on my Poco X3 Pro, coming from Android 12 official Global ROM.
Treble check said unsupported and that my device was an "A only" device. But after doing this part in the guide:

[
Boot and install TWRP / ROM on non A/B device
- type "fastboot.exe flash recovery twrp.img" (without "")
- type "fastboot.exe reboot recovery" (without "") ]

TWRP didn't load at all. cmd in on my PC just showed a list of fastboot commands.
I tried the A/B device method, which was probably a bad idea, but w/ "fastboot.exe boot twrp.img" , TWRP loaded, but after installing ROM the phone reboots into TWRP every time.

I did everything correctly as far as I can tell in the guide. Got TWRP version 3.7.0_12-0 for my phone (vayu), correct recovery ROM. *Although BTW, this TWRP does not have the "Format" option recommended in the guide, only "Wipe" and other options, so maybe it is the wrong one?

** Please help!

Last edited:
I have a redmi note 10 pro and i used the link provided for twrp update. All the twrp i have downloaded are showing corrupted. I cant open the image file to check. Kindly direct me to a working twrp.
which device and which twrp? there are two links

I have now tried using OrangeFox with the help of their wiki, formatted internal storage, but afterwards there was no way to mount internal storage! Repairing or formatting data partition did not work, adb sideload does not work with this ROM apparently. And so there was no way to flash the ROM to internal storage. Perhaps this is down to some encryption difficulty with my phone and it would work if I remove encryption before formatting, but I do not know.
Have to go back to official MIUI Global again via fastboot and miflash tool. It shouldn't be this difficult to install Xiaomi.eu ROM :(

edit: finally I managed to install it. recovery ROM stable 13.0.8 on my phone, thank you Xiaomi.eu. I reflashed for the second time to fastboot Global ROM with miflash tool (clean, no lock option thankfully), did not set up a screen lock, back to recovery with OrangeFox and now had access to internal storage after formatting/wiping. Was able to copy the recovery ROM from PC to internal storage (because for some reason OF did not allow to flash to internal storage when ROM was selected from external storage) and install, reboot recovery, reboot system and MIUI loaded :)

Last edited:
hello guys i have o ask .... mi mi 11 ultra is ..bootloader unlocked and flashed to oficial global rom from china rom ... i had twrp 3.5.1 in it....next i flash rom to eu over fastboot it was orange one ...i have 13.12 stable and phone offering me a next stable update to 13.13 but twrp is not there anymore .................so whats now should i flash just twrp? and if yes whitch one 3.5.1 from xiaomi.eu or 3.6? and then iam free to update < ty for answer ( and yes my bootloader is still unlocked and my phone is a/b ty for answer ...