HTC Evo Support

evolvetek

Members
Nov 20, 2010
While this phone will be three years old this year, it's still one of the most popular handsets in terms of current active users, especially within the modding community.

: searched for this topic prior to posting, but was taking way too long to sort through results that weren't applicable. I apologize if this has already been answered, but why no HTC Evo support?

Best,

/e

If your willing to stick around in IRC for the next couple of days. I'll try and port a build. We used to have one, but its current version is 1.8.17. Its pretty out of date. We can simply use barnacles work (He originally ported), to upgrade to our newest MIUI builds.

However, is this pure Evo? Or Evo 4G?

Thank you very much for such a quick and kind reply; that's refreshing.

The HTC Evo is a 4G phone. They are synonymous. I have been an MIUI user for nearly 2 years, utilizing the builds from miui.us most recently. As I'm sure you know, 4G telephony has not yet been achieved in an MIUI build as 4G doesn't exist in China.

I'm happy to help you test builds as I have time. I'm just about to flash a brand new ICS beta build for the Evo. Looks promising: http://db.tt/fYRg60bX

Best,

/e

Okay, I don't have the phone. So it'll be a real hit or miss, but I'll give it a try.