HTC One S

Nuggs

Members
Nov 7, 2011
I just wanted to get some opinions of this device coming to T-Mobile next week. I am considering it as a replacement for my tired G2 (especially since MIUI will no longer be updating for the G2/Desire Z). The biggest concern I have is the fact that it doesn't have a removable battery. Most people who have rooted their device have come across the dreaded boot loop screen at least once. And what do you have to do? Remove the battery! So what I'm getting at is, if this device gets popular and ROMs are flying around, what happens if someone encounters a boot loop? Any ideas or suggestions? Should I and others go grab the One S or wait a little longer?

That is a tough one. I guess you could always plug your phone into your computer and issue a

adb reboot

command. The phone should always respond to ADB unless its truly bricked. If ADB fails to work, you could try

fastboot reboot

So just because the battery can't come off doesn't stop the ROM development.

That is a tough one. I guess you could always plug your phone into your computer and issue a

adb reboot

command. The phone should always respond to ADB unless its truly bricked. If ADB fails to work, you could try

fastboot reboot

So just because the battery can't come off doesn't stop the ROM development.

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that.

I just switched from the G2 to a One S. The phone is amazing. Instead of removing the battery like you can do on the G2, you can hold the power button down for 10+ seconds to force a reset