HTC Sense vs. MIUI Battery Comparison on HTC EVO 4G

SoRec

Members
Mar 26, 2011
*NOTE: The following results include everything running in the background such as: Data, Auto-backlight, Sync, etc. Also, being used slightly above normal such as: downloading apps, texting, nandroid backups and restore, flashing updates, etc. So with a little bit of an adjustment, you probably can extend the battery life a little longer then what is shown below.

HTC Sense Rom – Regular Stock Battery – 4.5 Hours
HTC Sense Rom – Extended Battery – 8.5 Hours

MIUI Rom – Regular Stock Battery – 8.5 Hours
MIUI Rom – Extended Battery – A Day and a half

Just thought I'd share my lil research. :D

Interesting. Did you leave the stock kernels in each ROM? Which Sense ROM did you use? Did you actually time or somehow measure the amount of time spent doing each task?

I definitely believe battery life in MIUI is way better than stock, so I'm sure that your results are true. However, it would be great to do an actual science-quality experiment with all variables accounted for and tested. Unfortunately, we would need at least 50 people participating (depending on the actual size of the MIUI user base; I'm assuming 50 would be sufficient since studies only need 1,000 participants for an accurate measurement of the entire US population), using their Evos the exact same way for the exact same amount of time. Basically, what I'm talking about is impossible, but it would be interesting to see exactly how much more efficient MIUI is than a stock ROM.

Also, I wonder how it compares to other AOSP ROMs, like CM. That would actually be a better test, because you can use the same kernel with each ROM and get a truly apples to apples comparison, rather than the bananas to plantains comparison of MIUI vs. Sense (close, but not the same).

Interesting. Did you leave the stock kernels in each ROM? Which Sense ROM did you use? Did you actually time or somehow measure the amount of time spent doing each task?

I definitely believe battery life in MIUI is way better than stock, so I'm sure that your results are true. However, it would be great to do an actual science-quality experiment with all variables accounted for and tested. Unfortunately, we would need at least 50 people participating (depending on the actual size of the MIUI user base; I'm assuming 50 would be sufficient since studies only need 1,000 participants for an accurate measurement of the entire US population), using their Evos the exact same way for the exact same amount of time.

I know what you mean by science quality. I've actually been doing similar tests where ill watch the same movie over wifi on my evo for different kernels and compare battery comsumption. Just to give an idea. It would be nice if we gave a standard for battery testing rather than people simply saying "over 48 hours of moderate use"

Any way, thanks alot for posting results. The stock kernel battery was always hot and decreased even when not in use. And this just confirms it.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Thanks for replies. I completely agree on more accurate testing, but atleast it something to start from. Maybe if there was an app that can do several task and keep track of battery stats then be put in a graph format of some sort, would be great.

MIUI EVO on MetroPCS