HyperOS Incompatibility with Galaxy Watch ?

Duarte

Members
Aug 27, 2015
Hello,

Since 2022 that I had my Galaxy Watch 5 pro working very well with my Redmi Note 10 pro.
This year changed to Redmi Note 13 Pro Plus and also everything was working well with MIUI 14.

However after upgrade it to HyperOS, the watch disconnects from the phone, is not recognized by the Galaxy Wearable app. Need to reset the watch to pair ir again with the Wearable app... works for a few days. hours or minutes and again loses the connection.

Seems a Bluetooth issue. I already did a reset to all bluetooth connections on the phone. But not solved it.

Exactly the same is happening with the Galaxy Watch 5 from my wife. Before was working fine with her Redmi Note 10. But, after upgraded her Redmi Note 13 Pro Plus to HyperOS, the same issues are happening.

Do not know what more I should try to place the watch working with the Redmi phone like before...

Any idea?

Thanks!

Reactions: Monge
Oh, so this is the issue with HyperOS? I had Galaxy Watch 3 until recently (which had Tizen OS) and didn't have that problem - Watch was disconnecting occasionally, but it was connecting again without much delay and without any problems. (So it is apparently problem only with watches who have WearOS?)

Switched to new Galaxy watch few days ago, and exactly the same thing happened to me too. Every time it randomly disconnects (or if I am too far away from phone), instead of reconnecting, need to reset the watch and clear data from Wearable app in order to pair it again. It is so annoying!!!

So now, I have no idea whose problem it is, with the Samsung and their apps and plugins, or with Xiaomi's HyperOS. :(

EDIT: Definitely not the HyperOS problem (or, not ONLY the HyperOS problem), I've been reading so many posts on Reddit with the same issue, with various phone brands, and all Galaxy Watches (4,5,6,7)

Last edited:
Hello. I bought k70 ultra chiness with hyperos. I tried to pair galaxy watch 5 pro but stuck on stage when galaxy wearable tries to download and install google wear os, some security component blocks the installation and gives me option "allow once" but even when i click on this the system removes the downloaded file. How to disable this security check/block ?
I have attached screenshot with the message alert.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-02-22-50-37-253_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-02-22-50-37-253_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 49