I bricked my phone, need someone to post fdisk information for me to recover

Dm22

Members
Oct 22, 2012
I was re-partitioning, and messed it up.

I need to manually partition the internal SD again so i can install anything on it.

In order to do that, I need a volunteer who will post their (non messed up) mi-1 plus's fdisk information.

You would need Adb shell access.
if you dont know how, I can guide you.
i need you to post the results from:
~ # fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0

the results will look a LOT like this one
http://s3.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2013/11/2f324a6a8ce1541abfaaead675a4161b.jpg

i would also like a PARTED result, as it would have the names of each partition and their numbers

Last edited:
ah.. too late for me now. i totally bricked it now...

it's funny how i realized what was wrong and how to fix it, after i destroyed the phone.

so according to the file: /miui_MI1_4.1.17_fastboot_4.1/images/partition.xml#

we're supposed to have about 20 partitions normally.

when i looked at mine, i had 1-14... and an omitted partition 15
meaning my partition 15 - 20 was corrupt or missing.

when i looked at it, my partition number 4(EXT) was huge, the sectors were wayyy larger and overlaps the other partition.
i thought this was the culprit because it was spilling over into the partitions of 5-14 as well.

so i deleted partition 4, but somehow, it erased all the partitions under it too.
at that moment i finally understood why the partition.xml labeled number4 as "EXT" and the subsequent partitions UNDER it...
This was also the reason partition4 was HUGE, because number5-20 was contained within it.

now i realized, when i only had partition 1-14, i was supposed to create additional partitions and rename them properly.

partition 15 = system
partition 16 = system1
partition 17 = recovery
partition 18 = persist
partition 19 = cache
partition 20 = userdata

userdata is funny because it is contained inside partition4, but was allowed to "extend" outside it's reach and utilize all the remaining space.

ah.. too late for me now. i totally bricked it now...

it's funny how i realized what was wrong and how to fix it, after i destroyed the phone.

so according to the file: /miui_MI1_4.1.17_fastboot_4.1/images/partition.xml#

we're supposed to have about 20 partitions normally.

when i looked at mine, i had 1-14... and an omitted partition 15
meaning my partition 15 - 20 was corrupt or missing.

when i looked at it, my partition number 4(EXT) was huge, the sectors were wayyy larger and overlaps the other partition.
i thought this was the culprit because it was spilling over into the partitions of 5-14 as well.

so i deleted partition 4, but somehow, it erased all the partitions under it too.
at that moment i finally understood why the partition.xml labeled number4 as "EXT" and the subsequent partitions UNDER it...
This was also the reason partition4 was HUGE, because number5-20 was contained within it.

now i realized, when i only had partition 1-14, i was supposed to create additional partitions and rename them properly.

partition 15 = system
partition 16 = system1
partition 17 = recovery
partition 18 = persist
partition 19 = cache
partition 20 = userdata

userdata is funny because it is contained inside partition4, but was allowed to "extend" outside it's reach and utilize all the remaining space.

I'm about to attempt this and have no idea what I'm doing. Do you think you could post how one should go about it properly without bricking it?

I'm about to attempt this and have no idea what I'm doing. Do you think you could post how one should go about it properly without bricking it?

recovery mode.
connect to computer.

open ADB terminal on computer.
send command "adb shell"

then you will be inside the adb shell,
it will display "~ #" in front of everything to show that you are inside adb shell.

send command "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0"
it will display "parted" in front of everything to show that you are inside parted.

it will list the partition information.
from there you can edit the partition you want.

the commands are listed in the help ...
just type "-p" or "p" and it'll tell you all the commands i think.

Is it safe i want to use this last cyanogenmod but since there is a risk should we wait for a proper version?

Sent from my MI 1S using Tapatalk now Free

It's screenshot of my partition table (Xiaomi M1S)
M1s partition table original.JPG

Hi everyone, i thin i got the same problem. Using the CWM-->Advanced-->resizePartition then rebooted the phone and Bootlooping. So i got the phone in fastboot and executed fastboot flash zip cwm_file.zip to reflash recovery , it gave me an error saying "FAILED (remote: partition table doesn't exist)".
i'm trying to use the wirebrushtool (miflash) to restore the phone, but it doesn't seem to work.

As far i understood i have to rebuild all my partitions right?

i can read fdisk manual, but any hint on how to create thos unknown type partitions?

Attachments

• Istantanea - 28062014 - 19:53:31.png
    Istantanea - 28062014 - 19:53:31.png
    40 KB · Views: 544
Resetting your phone with the shortcut method will repartition your phone as well.
This is probably the easiest way as it won't take more than 10 minutes.

What do you mean by "shotcut method" , do you mean recovery?

Anyway solved my issue using fastboot
i flashed back the recovery.img the one contained in the brushtool folder (MI recovery)
The command i used was:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

That brought me back mi recovery ,
i booted my phone in recovery mode flashed back CWM

rebooted recovery this time cwm resized my partition by advance menu

then flashed my rom.

i'm pretty sure it can be done straight by flashing cwm recovery instead of mi recovery.